WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,

I have recently purchased a Cornavin Dolphin, using a 2614-2H, like the one reviewed by Walther Odets in "Jassica´s Cornavin:
http://www.timezone.com/library/horologium/horologium0031

My idea is to use a new, waterproof case with a functional dial and hands, maybe something Panerai inspired, as it seems to provide a decent type of construction for practical use, given the hand winding nature of the movement.

What can you say about this project?
How I may determine the proper hand dimensions for this movement, for example?

Thank you for your help and attention,

Luso

·
Registered
738 Posts
It seems your experience was not as good as Walt´s.:think:
DO tell us more, please!;-)
This was my first ever Russian watch and it was the first watch I ever took apart. the stem was little bent so I tried to straighten it out but I broke it insteado|. I did not have the proper tools then to remove the hands and managed to scratch the dial. A date calender movement was too hard of a movement to start out with and I lost a spring when i took the calender module off. I had bad tweezers and skill then and managed to bend the hairspring beyond repair alsoo|.
So yes my experience was not as good as Walt's nor is my watchmaking skills. If you read my signature it is true that I am a watch breaker I have broken 5 watches and 2 watches that didn't need any fixing in the first place. That totals to 7 watches and that number will go up because I never really learn my lesson.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts