WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. So i saw this mint poljot 3017 and jumped on it without really thinking though
I had looked at the numerous posts about the different dial variations and serial numbers of these 3017 and this particular watch looks correct to me.
However would still like to consult the experts here about whether the hands/dial/crown are original?
Thanks

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Very very nice piece.

At first sight, I wasn't 100% sure that a cyrillic "19 Камней" and a 16xxx S/N (which fit perfectly together) could be consistent with a "3017" marking and a pentagon-shaped 1МЧЗ stamp (which also fit perfectly together), introduced in 1963-64...with them, I'd rather expect to find the jewels count in English and maybe also a slightly higher S/N.

But on the other hand, it looks truly unmolested and the serif dial is also ok for the era; so it could also be that your watch had been made right about the time when movement coding system was introduced and factory switched from one logo to another, a finely preserved early example of the "new deal".

Should this be true, it would actually be an extremely useful information to help determine with more precision early years' production figures.

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
That's a nice looking watch, comrade. If it wasn't for the excellent condition of the rest of the watch I'd be a little suspicious of the mint condition crown but upon closer inspection the whole watch appears to be in mint to near mint condition. Well done, comrade novichku! The bad news is that it's probably all down hill from here. I'm curious as to how much you paid for that gem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I paid 750usd total for it...rather steep but I've waited ages for a decent looking one

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I paid 750usd total for it...rather steep but I've waited ages for a decent looking one
Thank you for the feedback, comrade. I'm feeling a little less envy since I couldn't afford that much for a watch of any kind but you could probably make money on a flip (not suggesting you do that) if you took your time and found the right buyer, so price not totally unreasonable, in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Lovely watch and very scarce in this condition!

$750 is actually kind of cheap for authentic Strela in mint condition.

Enjoy it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts