WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cheap 20mm deployment clasp that I want to attach a strap to, however I'm pretty sure regular springbars aren't suitable because clasp springbars don't protrude through the clasp as far and the ends are rounded off. Anyone know where they can be bought?

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Interesting question. I have always just used regular springbars without any trouble. Typically they are the double shoulder type found in Watchmakers shops and at places like Ebay online.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting question. I have always just used regular springbars without any trouble. Typically they are the double shoulder type found in Watchmakers shops and at places like Ebay online.
I have plenty of springbars but I've found that they aren't the same as the springbars that usually come with a clasp. I'll take some pics tomorrow and show the difference.

·
Registered
332 Posts
PM me your address and the mm width you need (is it 20mm?) and I'll send you (FOC) a pair of clasp spring bars. We have an assortment specifically for that purpose.

-Dave @ The Watchmaker

I have a cheap 20mm deployment clasp that I want to attach a strap to, however I'm pretty sure regular springbars aren't suitable because clasp springbars don't protrude through the clasp as far and the ends are rounded off. Anyone know where they can be bought?

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
PM me your address and the mm width you need (is it 20mm?) and I'll send you (FOC) a pair of clasp spring bars. We have an assortment specifically for that purpose.

-Dave @ The Watchmaker
What this forum is all about !!
Neal

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

-Dave @ The Watchmaker

Thank you for you very kind offer. So it appears that clasp springbars are in fact different to normal springbars?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts