WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Congrats! I recall you've been after one for a little while. :-!
Good to have what I might refer to as a 'bi-compax'.. my Dad's watch was a tri-compax and what I have read suggests it refers to the three complications of date, moonphase and chronograph.. so two out of three in my hunt, and who knows perhaps my Dad's will resurface amongst my Mum's possessions in the future..

Pic028_1.jpg

Cheers

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I went to this site to find out which phase the moon is..

Moon Phases Calendar / Moon Schedule

Now I am wondering if all moonphase watches are made based on the Northern Hemisphere viewpoint.. seen from downunder, the view would be as if the moon disc was rotating counterclockwise as opposed to going clockwise. .

Makes you think..

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
So I went to this site to find out which phase the moon is..

Moon Phases Calendar / Moon Schedule

Now I am wondering if all moonphase watches are made based on the Northern Hemisphere viewpoint.. seen from downunder, the view would be as if the moon disc was rotating counterclockwise as opposed to going clockwise. .

Makes you think..

Yeh, it does make you think.

The only way I can visualise what you are seeing is by standing on my head and
you are right, the earths shadow now moves across the moon in the opposite direction,
the phases remain the same though :)

Very nice watch you got.

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
:) Of these here are literally hundreds left out there

Left to right: Zenith Espada ref. A7817 (300 were made ca. 1972); Zenith tri-compax ref. 20.0020.202 (500 were made in 1986, of which 300 with white dial); and Zenith Espada ref. 01.0040.418 (500 were made ca. 1974).

:p:- :-!

Any left, or do you have them all? ;-)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts