WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they hollow out the coin for the movement. Question is, do they use all of the coins gold to make the watch. Maybe use the hollowed out gold for the lugs ect...

If anyone is aware of a site or faq on the corum coin watch, I'd be interested in seeing it..

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I don't have a Corum but my LeJour vintage coin watches have about half the coin hollowed out... and a standard set of lugs soldered on.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I really don't know , but would assume that they don't. Here is a coin watch I have:

coin.jpg

You can see from the back that lugs have been soldered on, but I really can't imagine they would go through the trouble of taking the metal they drill out and melting it into a mold to make the lugs. Good question though.

Ron

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really don't know , but would assume that they don't. Here is a coin watch I have:

View attachment 583090

You can see from the back that lugs have been soldered on, but I really can't imagine they would go through the trouble of taking the metal they drill out and melting it into a mold to make the lugs. Good question though.

Ron
Well, I figure they have to make the lugs somehow, it's just a matter of the idea behind the watch. Do they want it to be true from an amount of coin in the watch.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts