WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gentlemen,

I think I am in love..

I've been on the lookout for something new to put on my wrist. I currently have a MK2 omega, and a cal. 1611 (Albatros). Both in nice condition, but their ages require some reconsideration before jumping into water or fire while wearing them. So I want something I can put through hell without worrying it's going bust. Omegas PO chronograph was my first choice but now I'm getting 2nd thoughts cos I've got nothing but Omega and it's starting to look a little like an unhealthy obsession.

So, I saw a pic of this Corum bubble, shark Chrono, and my heart started beating somewhat faster.

Now my question is; how big is this bubble? Does it look outright stupid in profile? Does any of you have experiences with these bubble versions? And even better; has anyone got some profile pics?

And which of the following would you choose;

PO Chrono, no orange
Corum Shark Chrono
Rolex GMT Pepsi

BTW; my first thread here, but I've but been reading a lot here & thank you for spending time here!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Not sure others would agree but the Corum Shark without a doubt! You see real and fake Rolex all the time but that Corum Shark Bubble is just a hoot ( a horological term for not too shabby).

paul:-d

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Here are some pics and specs from BenardWtch. Hope they help. If you would like a link to the sale PM me. They have two available. ;-)

My thoughts: I think Corum make great watches. And although the Bubble Divers are a little wacky in design, I'm damn sure they will hold up and that you will be getting a great watch with a fine movement. If Corum ever make a more extreme / tool type of diving watch I will be first in line to get one. My friend has an 'Admiral's Cup' and it's lovely.

Size: Men's Grand
Case: Stainless Steel
Band: leather strap
Buckle: deployment clasp
Dial:
Bomber shark dial propeller seconds and black / luminous hands
Bezel: rotating unidirectional diver Bezel

Crystal: domed sapphire crystal
Water Resistance: 200 meters
Movement: automatic Functions: date, chronograph
Caliber: ETA 2892, with Dubois-Depraz chronograph module
Width: 44 mm
Thickness: 19 mm

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I wish other divers had more of a bubble dome like that. Love that crystal shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts