WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Treading lightly here because I'm not sure if the "rules" of this forum cover recommendations of repair sources.

I have a brass hunter-cased Perfection U.S.A. pocket watch that was listed on eBay and didn't pull a watcher or a bidder. It's a non-running watch with missing hands. Not a particularly desirable watch because of brand, the brass case, the non-working works, and the missing hands.

I'd like to give it to my daughter as a display item (she has many collectibles on display, but no watches). Without hands, it's not much of a display item. I'd like to send it off somewhere to have the hands replaced just for the cosmetic appearance. No other work done on it, so I don't need a particularly qualified watchmaker. Just one who has access to hands and will take on a minor job.

Where could I find someone to do this? The hands could be glued on for all I care since it will just be a display item for a non-watch-collector.

If this is out-of-line for this forum, please excuse me. Personal email is very acceptable. Further details on the watch available by personal email.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Moved to the Watchmaking forum. Anyone here able to help Tony with this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts