WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hijacked this link from Greybart's thread on Cosmics (hope you don't mind Greybart) and was wondering whether anyone knew of a source for these types of holed straps today.

http://www.old-omegas.com/pics/dieuhr/p10.jpg

They look pretty period for the watch and as I have two being overhauled at present with no straps, this is a good opportunity to get something a bit out of the ordinary for them.

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hijacked this link from Greybart's thread on Cosmics (hope you don't mind Greybart) and was wondering whether anyone knew of a source for these types of holed straps today.

http://www.old-omegas.com/pics/dieuhr/p10.jpg

They look pretty period for the watch and as I have two being overhauled at present with no straps, this is a good opportunity to get something a bit out of the ordinary for them.

Thanks

Richard
I am looking for a strap just like that for a vintage I am restoring. I would love to find a source for those

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Good ol' perf

It's just a good old perforated strap.

I picked up this NOS Omega perf on ebay, but there are quite a few places to find new ones. Nick has a wide range of styles at reasonable prices. Here's one of his on my Carrera.

eric

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Re: My pleasure!

My pleasure, zambo! Others may disagree, but I think a nice perf looks good on just about anything!

eric
Thanks Eric

I too think they are very period for some of the watches we enjoy. I have a very nice cosmic 2000 coming back from an overhaul that has no band and I think with it's blue face and polished case would like quite cool with a black perfed strap. I am also keen to look into some deployments (which the Oris forum guys helped with) as I live in the tropics and the No 1 enemy of a nice leather band would have to be perspiration. Though I guess the perf holes would alleviate that somewhat.

I also spotted a nicely overhauled 60's Breitling Top Time at a store that I really like the look off - a manual wind chrono but without all the bling bling of the later Breitlings - that is what got me thinking about the perfed straps actually and how good one would look on the watch.

Cheers

Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts