WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm local on f10, but month ago I bought small swiss watch as a gift for a friend of mine for her birthday. Search for information of Swiss Empress watch brand didn't get me anywhere, so I'm hoping somebody here will help me :) It's a lovely little watch and I'm sure my friend will love it, but I honestly have no clue how old it is
20131209_232956.jpg

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,154 Posts
The style is rather late sixties or even seventies. I can find several "Empress" brands, including ones by Benrus, Bulova, Wittnauer and Girard-Perregaux (all well known brands), but no "Swiss Empress". I suspect the only way to get further is to have it opened up and take a look at the movement. That ought to be a decent one, although possibly generic, in view of the 25 jewels, Incabloc shock proofing and automatic winding.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The style is rather late sixties or even seventies. I can find several "Empress" brands, including ones by Benrus, Bulova, Wittnauer and Girard-Perregaux (all well known brands), but no "Swiss Empress". I suspect the only way to get further is to have it opened up and take a look at the movement. That ought to be a decent one, although possibly generic, in view of the 25 jewels, Incabloc shock proofing and automatic winding.

Hartmut Richter
Thank you very much for a quick reply! I'm not sure if Swiss is a part of the name, but it kinda looks like that from the dial design.
Sadly, I can only post a picture of the back with number 2551 on it, not sure of this is a serial number or a movement number (soviet ones sometimes have them on the caseback). I will do my best to get it opened, but I'm a bit afraid to damage the movement.
20131210_001157.jpg

Edit:
I did opened it, here are the movement pics:
movement shot.jpg
mvmnt shot 2.jpg

Also, this is the writing I found on the inside of the caseback:
Caseback inside.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts