WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I guess Santa came both early and late this year to the DeBruin homestead in the Upper Ottawa River Valley!

This morning under the tree was a LE Mont Blanc precision writing instrument (as they designate it - I just call it a pen, but it sure does write nice), an A.C. Dunhill man's wallet (I never knew that wallets could be so amazing and beautiful) and a super-duper universal remote to replace my current five remotes (I think that I can launch the cruise missiles from it, but am not going to try!). Wowzer! Certainly was not expecting Santa to be quite so generous this year!

And then this evening, after a long talk with my wife (she's the financial manager and so has veto on how, where and when we spend money), we agreed that it would be okay for me to get a Doxa SUB750T Pro GMT, so I just pulled the trigger on it in coordination with John Vargas. Now I eagerly await the Doxa Elves, who will hopefully get busy beavering away on my order after Boxing Day.

Hopefully, it will arrive before 07 January 2007, as I am going away again for an extended period then).

I'll post pics and do a review once I've received and worn it.

And thanks to John Vargas for his excellent customer service again, as usual. His patience in explaining things to me was the deal-maker in my deciding to get this GMT over a couple of other brands/options that I was considering. Excellent experience!

Best wishes to all for the holidays.

James

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Way to go James. I have been thinking of a Doxa for a long time now. I just have never pulled the trigger. Good for you. And you must have a sweet little misses.

Mark

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Mark. It's a great looking watch and I'm really looking forward to getting it and seeing it, both on my wrist and in the watch box!

As for my wife, what can I say but that she's amazing?! Super-patient and totally supportive. An awesome lady.

You should look at a Doxa, also. Nice timepieces.

Hope your Xmas went well.

Ciao,

James

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,198 Posts
Congrats!

That John V. is the man. I signed onto Doxa's chat to line up an order on Christmas Eve and was delighted to see that Doxa's number one elf was on the job. John expedited my request and straightened out an order my wife made earlier. She's pretty supportive of my watch addiction and is now very impressed with Doxas customer service.

Me, I found a beautiful orange leather watch roll under the tree. :-! I guess I have been a good boy this year!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey Guys,

I really appreciate the kind words, I really do it mean a lot. I thank you for them.

However, I cannot take full credit. I work with a great team. John P. and Rick M, .well they make it happen as well. We work great as a unit. And, don’t forget everyone one else as well, all the way do the mailroom, as it is they who send you your watch.

So, when you thank DOXA or sing a few praises it’s a team that makes it happen. Those of us who are mostly all military on the thread know exactly what I am talking about.

However, I will make you all a solemn promise. I will make this an oath. When dealing with DOXA, you will get the best treatment, and customer service bar none. If you ever need anything, I am just an email away.

[email protected]

Thanks, you guys our Christmas, I hope your was as good as you made ours!

John V. and the whole team!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Johns a what, an ELF? Careful Bo, he's talking Military stuff. Don't ask don't tell and all that LOL

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Congratulations, James.

I know you're going to love your new toy.

All the best for the New Year.

Steve

·
Registered
641 Posts
Wow,

Maybe thats my problem:think: I need a wife so I can get more watches:-d

Andy

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Congrats James!!!!! :gold |> :-! Hurry up and get that watch so we can see some wrist shots!!!!! santasmile ;-)

I have never thought of John V as an Elf!!!!!! :think: I would all most think he would consider them fighting words!!!!! LOL :-d :-d :-d :-d :-d

Stephen

·
Registered
641 Posts
John,
Thanks for the warning, I'll stay single so I won't feel like I'am cheating on my Doxa's:-d :-d

Andy

be careful Andy, some wives do not like sharing their husbands with a DOXA, lol.

john

·
Registered
871 Posts
Hey Andy,

Stay clear of the wives, watches are not the only thing they cut into too!

Elf?????? Elf???????? Oh, Bo wrote it. He is in the USAF. It must be some USAF Acronym. You have to let the USAF guys slide. LOL!!

Had that come from someone else those would have been a word to die from…calling me @*^$%#&%*)&%$! ELF! LOL!

HA, even I have a sense of humor…DO NOT LET OTHERS KNOW.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Very b-) James! Looking forward to your pics!

Paul

(And Andy, we bachelors gotta stick together! :-d )
I Hear you Paul, we should start a bachelor support group(to encourage watch perchases):-!

Andy

·
Registered
364 Posts
I Hear you Paul, we should start a bachelor support group(to encourage watch perchases):-!

Andy

Paul, Andy - if anybody needs a "support" group I believe it would be our MARRIED brethren. We bachelors seem to be doing just fine! :-d

Cheers,

Avi

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ho, ho, ho! Now there's a tough choice: "Should I get that Doxa I wanted, or get a wife?" "Or should I get a wife who will let me buy a Doxa?". I have the third option: a wife who grudgingly accepts my Doxa habit. I'm up to 3, and seriously considering that Doxa Professional GMT. Of course that leads to the fourth choice: "Should I buy that Doxa, or stay married?" Decisions, decisions :-d

--msa

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,198 Posts
Elf?????? Elf???????? Oh, Bo wrote it. He is in the USAF. It must be some USAF Acronym. You have to let the USAF guys slide. LOL!!

Had that come from someone else those would have been a word to die from…calling me @*^$%#&%*)&%$! ELF! LOL!
It's an AF acronym alright; means Extremely Likable Fellow. No need to get your shorts in a wad unless it came from a Navy man, in which case ELF would mean Extremely Lickable Fellow. Talk about don't ask, don't tell...gotta’ wonder about those Swabbies!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congratulations, James.

I know you're going to love your new toy.

All the best for the New Year.

Steve
Thanks, Steve. Best wishes for the New Year to you and yours, also.

Regards,

James

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow,

Maybe thats my problem:think: I need a wife so I can get more watches:-d

Andy
Andy,

LOL - that's a good one! Can be a two-edged sword, but overall, worth it. My lady is outstanding in all respects, so I am truly blessed.

And I just bought her a yellow-face, yellow silicon band Lady's St.Motitz diver that she fell in love with, so it all works out in the end.

James

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It's an AF acronym alright; means Extremely Likable Fellow. No need to get your shorts in a wad unless it came from a Navy man, in which case ELF would mean Extremely Lickable Fellow. Talk about don't ask, don't tell...gotta’ wonder about those Swabbies!
Isn't there also some sort of sub-sonic wave generator called ELF, acronym for 'extremely low frequency'? I'm not exactly sure what it does, but I recall talk of a system like this being installed/used in the upper peninsula of Michigan some years ago. Some sort of military communications system.......:think:

Paul

1 - 20 of 25 Posts