WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the AD to pick up my 1948 speedmaster after a restauration job. THEN the AD presented me with a delema... she had just receved a trade- in: speedmaster reduced, 2 years old, mint, with an extended warrenty. New- euro 2000, price 895.00.

Since I was curious about the size difference between the prof model, I also tryed it on. Well I didnt like the size of the prof on my small wrist, so decided it was meant to be......

What is really nice about this story.. is that I dont have to pay untill I have the cash, sometime in mid/end january. Untill then, She will reserve it for me.. Now thats service...

regards from soon to be speedy pete

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I went to the AD to pick up my 1948 speedmaster after a restauration job. THEN the AD presented me with a delema... she had just receved a trade- in: speedmaster reduced, 2 years old, mint, with an extended warrenty. New- euro 2000, price 895.00.

Since I was curious about the size difference between the prof model, I also tryed it on. Well I didnt like the size of the prof on my small wrist, so decided it was meant to be......

What is really nice about this story.. is that I dont have to pay untill I have the cash, sometime in mid/end january. Untill then, She will reserve it for me.. Now thats service...

regards from soon to be speedy pete
there is not a big market for the mid size watches. most people go for the full size watch. unless you have a very small wrist it is likely that the full size would grow on you.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Um, The Speedmaster was introduced in 1957...

I went to the AD to pick up my 1948 speedmaster after a restauration job.
Um, The Speedmaster was introduced in 1957... :oops:
Either you have a newer Speedmaster or a Seamaster.

Just so you know...

-- Chuck

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, thanks for the correction, Its a ogig. seamaster... It was late in the night when I wrote that thread..
pete

1 - 5 of 5 Posts