WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ave been considering a new diver for some time -- thinking about a number of options (e.g., Seiko Golden Tuna, Oris Depth Gauge). Surfing web last night, found Depth Gauge from a jeweler on eBay, BNIB for less than $2k, so I pulled the trigger this morninng (and sheepishly informed my wife that I'd helped her out by taking care of my Christmas present from her :)

Looking forward to receiving my new Oris later this wee -- for those interested, looks like there are more still available on eBay.

Cheers!
Matt

·
Banned
523 Posts
I coincidentally received mine today - albeit from a dealer here in the UK.

Should you not have had the opportunity to try one in the flesh, may I just say... it's a STUNNING timepiece - you will be thrilled with it! And that price you bought it for...... utterly stupendous!

M.

ave been considering a new diver for some time -- thinking about a number of options (e.g., Seiko Golden Tuna, Oris Depth Gauge). Surfing web last night, found Depth Gauge from a jeweler on eBay, BNIB for less than $2k, so I pulled the trigger this morninng (and sheepishly informed my wife that I'd helped her out by taking care of my Christmas present from her :)

Looking forward to receiving my new Oris later this wee -- for those interested, looks like there are more still available on eBay.

Cheers!
Matt

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a very unique choice! It has to be one of the most unique divers at that price point. Congrats on your new Oris!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Watch should arrive late this week -- can't wait to see it. Now the big decision is do I open it (and go ahead and check it out), or let my wife whisk it awayt o be wrapped as a Xmas gift for me (easing my guilt for the spontaneous purchase, and PERHPAHS reducing fricition for my next purchase)

Decisions, decisions....

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Premium Member
72,334 Posts
PIR, it's probably best if you let the wife wrap it up for Crimbo and reduce the risk of upsetting the boss.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,819 Posts
I would open it, check it out and put it on my wrist. Next I would pass along the empty box to your good wife to wrap for your Christmas gift! :)

I hope you will wear your Oris DG to our next ATL GTG. Likely the next one will either be late winter or early spring. Our ATL GTGs are always great fun with super nice folks attending and some fine watches displayed. If interested, keep checking with me and I will keep you informed. Cheers, Bill P.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts