WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this a counterfeit? Looks like second hand is wrong, tick marks seem off, and the movement is unmarked..plus the design on the back doesn't look like the IWC Mark XV's that I've seen.

IWC Schaffenhausen Watch | eBay

Seller claims it's been authenticated but refuses to provide information as to what store he took it to.

FROM the seller: "I do not believe my watch is counterfeit and if you look at the description, I have never claimed it was authentic. I simply stated the information as it is on the watch. No more....no less. So leave me alone about the watch. Thank you."

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
…I'd stay away from that one hahaha. His first mistake was putting pictures of the movement. It looks like a Seagull lol.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
An obvious fake. Turn them in to ebay. I do it all the time, sometimes with success, sometimes not. You'll be saving someone from making a bad mistake. Just above the item number is the "Report Item". Click it and select the appropriate response from the pull down menu. Send a comment describing the circumstance. If everyone did this it would help clean up the site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An obvious fake. Turn them in to ebay. I do it all the time, sometimes with success, sometimes not. You'll be saving someone from making a bad mistake.
I always report the fakes but they never get taken down! It's like there's one guy on their counterfeit team and he's too busy with Luis Vuitton purses to bother with watches.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I wrote to the guy and here is his reply.

"I do not know who you are but this watch has been looked at by a jeweler and I will not take it down."

I wrote him back and suggested he get someone else to look at it and he replied:

"This watch is mine to sell and if you think it is fake that is your opinion but you do not have the right to demand I do anything with my property. So unless you are a buyer, buzz off because you are not someone who has the right to tell me what to do. I am not a child and I know what I have to sell."

Sad, very sad.

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
No-one in their right mind is gonna look at the movement and think that's (typical of) the level of watch brand name that's being sold are they......

are they? :-s:think:

Seller is clearly deluded though :-d, maybe he just needs a completely deluded buyer ?

I wouldn't mention the movement pic as the giveaway or he might just remove those from the listing:roll:

·
Registered
38,770 Posts
The average Joe 'Bag of Donuts' won't know.
No-one in their right mind is gonna look at the movement and think that's (typical of) the level of watch brand name that's being sold are they......

are they? :-s:think:

Seller is clearly deluded though :-d, maybe he just needs a completely deluded buyer ?

I wouldn't mention the movement pic as the giveaway or he might just remove those from the listing:roll:

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Is this a counterfeit? Looks like second hand is wrong, tick marks seem off, and the movement is unmarked..plus the design on the back doesn't look like the IWC Mark XV's that I've seen.

IWC Schaffenhausen Watch | eBay

Seller claims it's been authenticated but refuses to provide information as to what store he took it to.

FROM the seller: "I do not believe my watch is counterfeit and if you look at the description, I have never claimed it was authentic. I simply stated the information as it is on the watch. No more....no less. So leave me alone about the watch. Thank you."

My advice ............stay very, very far away !

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
I have reported it to eBay.
The seller no longer accepts any questions. Didn't know that was an option.

Yes, you can actually block people. You can play moderator.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Just received this from the seller:
"
I have done nothing wrong and I have called ebay myself nad been reassured that as of right now I am not doing anything worng by having this watch listed, so if you report me to ebay it will be worthless. I have talked to them myself and you have been blocked from my account."

Darn!

I did take note of the words "as of right now". Perhaps there is hope yet. I have discovered there is one person supposedly in charge of policing.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes it is a fake. And, the first rule of scamming is to attack back when you are called on it: and they are true to the type.
You can still report it by number.
And, one would do well to ignore it, this goes on all over the world: a bunch of BS but the way it is.

Just received this from the seller:
"
I have done nothing wrong and I have called ebay myself nad been reassured that as of right now I am not doing anything worng by having this watch listed, so if you report me to ebay it will be worthless. I have talked to them myself and you have been blocked from my account."

Darn!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
In one of these type of threads, I heard another member say he got eBay to remove the listing after contacting the company. Gonna shoot IWC an email and see :D.

Wow, the seller is fast at replying. Attack back indeed:

I have been on the phone with ebay this morning and I was assured that as of right now I have not broken any of their rules. If you do not leave me alone I will be reporting you to ebay for harassment. Please understand I am not a mean person but I will not be told what I can and cannot do by someone who does not knwo the origin opf my watch or what I knwo about it. I have not listed anything fraudulant about the watch and it is listed properly according to the ebay reps I talked to this morning. So please do nto contact me anymore or I will be reporting stlaking or harassment to ethem and you wil be the one in violation.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.