WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im new this site. I have two Backes & Strauss high-end watches covered with diamonds I want to sell. I have no idea how and where. Hope for some advice.

Sorel

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Backes & Strauss, London, are not rated to be watch collector's items. Too blingy for the majority of us. Take them to an auction house to get the best out of it.
BTW: We on WUS tend not to give evealuations.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,625 Posts
Take them to a recognized jeweler for appraisal. Then if they have a significant value enlist the services of an auctioneer like Sothebys or Antiquorum. If the value is not as significant list them on Ebay.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
We cannot offer evaluations on watches we have not seen. John is right. Take them to someone qualified to appraise them and then list them for auction or offer them through a local jeweler.

Jeannie

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Are you referring to this:

large-1-20581.jpg

The one and only time I read about the brand was like 5 years ago, on aBtW (now aBtR). You could go back and look up the article - 2007 or 2008, A. Adams usualy gives a ballpark price, or MSRP in his articles. I seem to remember these watches as being made by the Richard Mille firm?

·
Registered
123 Posts
So unbelievably hideous.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Im new this site. I have two Backes & Strauss high-end watches covered with diamonds I want to sell. I have no idea how and where. Hope for some advice.

Sorel
Well, if you dont know how and where to sell its most likely you will get ripped off. You even know the value of the watches, yet alone the value of the material itself, like the diamonds? Also how come you have these watches? Did you really spend all that money with so little knowledge?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts