WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CrafterBlue - Curved End Rubber Strap for Seiko "New" Turtle Series + A caveat emptor review.

Company Review: The website was easy to order with and I selected their "3 day" free shipping. I received a invoice notification. Four days went by before receiving a shipping notification - which just simply said "Your order has been shipped." SIX days after that I received a "tracking number" - it said UPS, but the number was immediately suspicious (didn't start with 1Z). They used "UPS Mail Innovations Expedited" where UPS hands the package over to USPS (US Postal Service)! It's estimated arrival date was a full 2 weeks after I ordered. I contacted them about this and received no reply. The package was sent from WA with a return address in NJ. This company is actually in Kowloon, Hong Kong.

Strap Review: The fit and finish is good. This does feel like a proper dive strap for this watch. I thought the hardware was going to be clunky, but the keeper works well and stays put. The color is a little darker than I expected, and I expected a "midnight blue". The strap had a strong vulcanized rubber smell when I first opened it. This strap really compliments the new Turtle well.

Still grumpy about the shipping I initiated a return by using their contact page on the website. I was then made aware of their return policy (which I should have checked before ordering): "All refunds are subject to a deduction of $20.00 and the original shipping charges incurred" ~$15 of shipping, $20 for "restocking", and an hour of my time to fight this > a $65 watch strap. :-(

That was 4 days ago. They have not replied to my initial shipping comment, or my return request.
So, I'll just keep it - not really happy about the experience. If the strap was not as advertised I would be furious, but I'm never doing business with them again.

TL;DR Summary:
  • 3 day shipping turned into 2 weeks
  • This company is in Hong Kong
  • Return Policy is a losing proposition
  • Fit and finish is good
  • This is a proper looking and functional dive strap
  • Color is darker than expected
  • I expected a lot more from a company selling $65 straps
  • No response to my inquiries (sent an email + used their form)

crafter13.jpg crafter1.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
So as someone who tried to be a dealer for them. They have a person in the USA that is the actual “dealer” but everything is drop shipped from China.

They wanted me to be a stocking dealer and order $1,500 worth of straps and then I was told I could not sell online. Wasn’t worth it. The straps are good but they need to up their distribution game

·
Registered
451 Posts
Re: CrafterBlue - Curved End Rubber Strap for Seiko "New" Turtle Series + A caveat emptor review.

Don’t quite understand why you wanted to return the strap — your review seemed to say it was a good match for your watch, and was well constructed. Why send it back?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Re: CrafterBlue - Curved End Rubber Strap for Seiko "New" Turtle Series + A caveat emptor review.

If the strap was being shipped from Hong Kong then two weeks for delivery would be what I would expect. To think you would get it in 3 days is unrealistic unless it was being sent by EMS which is also unrealistic given the cost of the strap. Sometimes things are lost in translation on international deals. Steinhart also states something like three days for delivery which actually seems to mean they will ship it within three days and that’s probably what happened here. I don’t see anything to get too upset about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The shipping delay, the garbage shipping method, and zero customer service response put me off a lot.
I work in a Customer focused eCommerce company.

Site says: "Free Shipping 3 Business Days"

·
Vendor
7,303 Posts

If you are in the UK we are an Authorised Stockist and have the straps in stock here in the UK ready for dispatch.

CrafterBlue-NavyRed-promo9.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts