WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I have done several deals with Creation Watches and I almost always cringe when I see these thread titles questioning their business practices. As a consumer, I have the choice how and where I will spend my money. I don't make purchases from foreign countries without knowing exactly what it is I am expecting to have arrive from them in exchange for my money.

For the prices I pay for Seikos and Citizens from CW, the last thing I expect from them is hand holding. I have not had any issues with them and I feel sorry for those that have but as the old saying goes, "you pays your money and takes your chances." Just my humble opinion.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Don't do it.

They sold me a bum Orient Star 2 years ago. Went bad just outside the return window. Problem was verified by a local Denver watch repairer - he couldn't repair it because it required an Orient part.

I requested a refund: "Screw you".

I requested an exchange: "Screw you".

Orient USA refused to repair it. Grey market. This despite CW's "International Manufacturers Warranty". So I sent it off to Singapore for repair. Cost: $30.00. It comes back 6 months later still broken. I ask for a refund. Denied. I ask for an exchange. Denied. So they tell me to send it back a SECOND time. I tell them EXACTLY what needs to be replaced (a canon pin). It comes back 6 months later . . . still broken. I request a refund. Denied. I request an exchange. Denied. Since I'm 18 months outside the sale window, PayPal and the credit card company can't help.

After a few rounds of complaining, CW agrees to "refund" me $40.00. I sell the watch here for $100.00 as is. I'm out over $200 because CW refuses to stand behind their product, treat their customers fairly and honor a warranty.

I don't want my butt kissed. I want a respectable on-line seller to treat me fairly.

Never again. And I strongly advise everyone else to stay away.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Don't do it.

They sold me a bum Orient Star 2 years ago. Went bad just outside the return window. Problem was verified by a local Denver watch repairer - he couldn't repair it because it required an Orient part.

I requested a refund: "Screw you".

I requested an exchange: "Screw you".

Orient USA refused to repair it. Grey market. This despite CW's "International Manufacturers Warranty". So I sent it off to Singapore for repair. Cost: $30.00. It comes back 6 months later still broken. I ask for a refund. Denied. I ask for an exchange. Denied. So they tell me to send it back a SECOND time. I tell them EXACTLY what needs to be replaced (a canon pin). It comes back 6 months later . . . still broken. I request a refund. Denied. I request an exchange. Denied. Since I'm 18 months outside the sale window, PayPal and the credit card company can't help.

After a few rounds of complaining, CW agrees to "refund" me $40.00. I sell the watch here for $100.00 as is. I'm out over $200 because CW refuses to stand behind their product, treat their customers fairly and honor a warranty.

I don't want my butt kissed. I want a respectable on-line seller to treat me fairly.

Never again. And I strongly advise everyone else to stay away.
I bought my Orient Star Seeker from Long Island Watches and it arrived with a stuck rotor ring. I didn't realize this was a problem until I made a thread about it over on the Orient subforum, a year after I bought it. OWUSA said they would send me the part after I requested, and by the time I figured out they were never going to send me anything, the warranty expired. I ended up paying $100+ for the part and a new warranty at a local Orient Star AD.

In your case, your warranty expired, so what did you expect them to do? Extend the warranty just for you all willy-nilly? The only mistake I see here is Creation Watches failing to fix the watch after you paid for a repair. Unless they charged you again for the second repair, the $40.00 you were refunded seems fair. Some people really don't understand the risk you take from buying from a grey market dealer, but I guess you do now.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I bought my Orient Star Seeker from Long Island Watches and it arrived with a stuck rotor ring. I didn't realize this was a problem until I made a thread about it over on the Orient subforum, a year after I bought it. OWUSA said they would send me the part after I requested, and by the time I figured out they were never going to send me anything, the warranty expired. I ended up paying $100+ for the part and a new warranty at a local Orient Star AD.

In your case, your warranty expired, so what did you expect them to do? Extend the warranty just for you all willy-nilly? The only mistake I see here is Creation Watches failing to fix the watch after you paid for a repair. Unless they charged you again for the second repair, the $40.00 you were refunded seems fair. Some people really don't understand the risk you take from buying from a grey market dealer, but I guess you do now.
Wrong. According to CW's "Manufacturer's Warranty Period", I was well within the deadline. But Orient wouldn't honor it. So CW lied about the fact that their watches carry a manufacturers warranty.

The rest is just incompetence and lack of caring about customers.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I have never bought this BS about sellers screwing around with shipping if something is lost or damaged. The buyer is not party to the shipping, the seller is. If it is declared lost, the seller must refund the buyer and go after the shipper. Both PayPal and eBay terms of service are worded to this effect, the seller is responsible until the item is received by the buyer. I think this is even the basis of contract law, which applies to any transaction. Any company that attempts to conduct their business otherwise is not worth dealing with.

·
Banned
7,508 Posts
Dear AR,

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

We are the partner site of Ebay-UK – which is one of the premier and long established online retailer of wrist watches. For any queries related to Ebay store please contact Ebay Customer Support and for queries related to CreationWatches site, Please contact CW customer support.

Regards,
CreationWatches

·
Banned
7,508 Posts
I have done several deals with Creation Watches and I almost always cringe when I see these thread titles questioning their business practices. As a consumer, I have the choice how and where I will spend my money. I don't make purchases from foreign countries without knowing exactly what it is I am expecting to have arrive from them in exchange for my money.

For the prices I pay for Seikos and Citizens from CW, the last thing I expect from them is hand holding. I have not had any issues with them and I feel sorry for those that have but as the old saying goes, "you pays your money and takes your chances." Just my humble opinion.
Kevin
Dear AR,

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.
We are the partner site of Ebay-UK - which is one of the premier and long established online retailer of wrist watches. For any queries related to Ebay store please contact Ebay Customer Support and for queries related to CreationWatches site, Please contact CW customer support.

Regards,
CreationWatches

·
Registered
20 Posts
The shipping fees are paid by us but Import duties or taxes are always the responsibility of the buyer.
We are a partner site of eBay- which is one of the premier and long established online retailer of wrist watches.
So what you are saying is simple. Creation pay the shipping fees, therefore Creation is the DHL customer, not the buyer. Seems very plain and very simple. So perhaps you could explain why Creation is refusing to solve the mistake Creation made with the invoice when dispatching my watch.

The scenario is very simple, I bought several items from Creation and when they were dispatched the wrong invoice total was provided to DHL (some items were not available). DHL can only charge tax based on the value provided by Creation. Now, I've had a refund from you, (great very pleased) but you are refusing to do anything about the the problem you have caused for me and DHL.

I'm happy to pay the tax, the correct tax though. Any ideas? Why should I be the one doing all the hard work when I didn't make the mistake? DHL wont take my word for it, why should they?

This may be the first serious issue I've had with you, but it may well be my last purchase...

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
1,100 Posts
So what you are saying is simple. Creation pay the shipping fees, therefore Creation is the DHL customer, not the buyer. Seems very plain and very simple. So perhaps you could explain why Creation is refusing to solve the mistake Creation made with the invoice when dispatching my watch.

The scenario is very simple, I bought several items from Creation and when they were dispatched the wrong invoice total was provided to DHL (some items were not available). DHL can only charge tax based on the value provided by Creation. Now, I've had a refund from you, (great very pleased) but you are refusing to do anything about the the problem you have caused for me and DHL.

I'm happy to pay the tax, the correct tax though. Any ideas? Why should I be the one doing all the hard work when I didn't make the mistake? DHL wont take my word for it, why should they?

This may be the first serious issue I've had with you, but it may well be my last purchase...
Are DHL trying to charge you import taxes on the whole order, even though part of that order wasn't sent ?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Not trying to take anything away from the difficult experiences some people have had.

Just wanted to add I recently made my first purchase from Creation Watches. The watch was very well packed and arrived in flawless condition. Crazy fast shipping (nearly halfway round the world in less than 24 hours from ordering) and well priced. Overall, a positive experience in this instance.

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
1,100 Posts
My experience has been good as well. All the Seiko watches i've ordered from Creation have been perfect.
I did get hit with import taxes on the last order, but i cant blame Creation for that.

·
Banned
7,508 Posts
Please note that in most cases import duty gets triggered based on value of the item being imported. We have no control over this. As explained on our website, the shipping fees are paid by us but Import duties (if any) are always the responsibility of the buyer. While we regret that you had to pay import duties, please understand that we have no control over this. Also, nothing is hidden and the fact that you have to pay import duty is mentioned on our website. Terms and Conditions (Terms and Conditions :), shipping information page ( Shipping & Returns : ) and also in the FAQ ( Frequent Asked Questions about Watches, Shipping, Policies etc. ) on our website.

We always try to give best service to our customers, we regret any inconvenience caused.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Please note that in most cases import duty gets triggered based on value of the item being imported. We have no control over this. As explained on our website, the shipping fees are paid by us but Import duties (if any) are always the responsibility of the buyer. While we regret that you had to pay import duties, please understand that we have no control over this. Also, nothing is hidden and the fact that you have to pay import duty is mentioned on our website. Terms and Conditions (Terms and Conditions :), shipping information page ( Shipping & Returns : ) and also in the FAQ ( Frequent Asked Questions about Watches, Shipping, Policies etc. ) on our website.

We always try to give best service to our customers, we regret any inconvenience caused.
Well let me tell you this, I have no issue with paying the duty. I ordered a cheap watch in full knowledge that I would pay tax on it, I'm not stupid, I've bought watches from you before (or perhaps I am), but CREATIONWATCHES have complete control over the invoice which accompanies the order. When the order leaves your premises and is handed to DHL, it has your invoice included, you hace full control over the invoice that you give to DHL.

IN THIS CASE THE INVOICE CREATION GAVE TO DHL WAS WRONG. THAT IS IN YOUR CONTROL. YOU, IN THE SAME MANNER AS THE REST OF YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICES TEAM ARE AVOIDING THE PROBLEM, PROBABLY BECAUSE RESOLVING IT TAKES EFFORT.

Apologies to other forum users, for this rant, but I think it's something that anyone considering using Creation Watches needs to know. If I make a mistake at work, I accept full responsibility for the consequences and for rectifying it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hi Jeff, spot on. I hate having to take to a forum to try and solve a customer service issue, but having got absolutely nothing but nonsense from Creation I see this as the only thing I can do!!
Thats a really awkward situation to be in. So i assume DHL are holding the watches that were sent, and wont let you have them until you pay taxes for the whole order. Creation really should have sent the correct invoice, minus the cost of the part order that wasn't sent.
Creation should inform DHL of this situation.
Hard to know what to suggest to you..... Do you have any Email correspondence from Creation about part of the order not being sent, that you could pass on to DHL ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cheers Jeff, Correct, it's a real pain! I've got lots of correspondence (I wont bore people with), basically your right, they're holding the goods until it's paid. I even had an email from DHL this morning threatening to send them back the Creation. As lots of people have said, I've never had an issue with the watches themselves, but It's almost comic really.... Creation are basically (in my opinion) hoping that eventually I'll get so fed up I'll just pay up and forget it. Afraid not, it's now a point of principle.

People just need to be aware that this can happen and the consequences.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.