WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yup, thanks for sharing. Now I know to stay away from them.

Reactions: postup

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I've bought from Creation Watches before and been satisfied. But, I never had an issue with a watch from them. After reading this story, I would hesitate to buy from them again.

IMO it is unethical for a watch seller to refuse to accept a defective watch because it is defective. They are trying to make the buyer take responsibility for their own failure to conduct adequate quality control on their merchandise.

They should have offered a return or exchange with all shipping paid by them, or to refund the cost of repairs as an alternative.

Definitely dispute with your credit card company. It will be interesting to see how and if Creation Watches reacts.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Ima just pile on with what an ethical seller would do..... You email saying "bro the stem fell out." They respond saying "you want to return it and we'll send ya another, or do you want it fixed." If you chose option B they should say "ok take it to a local shop, and if they give you some nutso quote send it back and we will get it fixed." Then if it's in fact a nutso quote you send it back and they fix it.

Just for for anyone keeping score out there, John at Bathys did that. A much larger corporation like Creation should be able to at the very least do the same. Let's see what their response looks like after they see that the WIS faithful are turning......

·
Registered
Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
5,456 Posts
I had heard mostly good things about them. But I did read somewhere that they sell 2nd rate watches. I don't know the official term but something like flawed goods or something.

I went ahead and bought something anyway because of the very good price and free tracked express shipping. They also mark it as low value to bypass customs charges.

Got the watch and was disappointed because it had lots of small things wrong with it which adds up.

Bezel didn't line up.
Hands didn't line up to all hour markers.
Dust under the crystal, one big bit.
Crown felt very grainy when screwing in.
Bracelet really squeaked a lot.

This was a watch that usually punches above its weight in quality so I knew something was wrong. I contacted creation and their response was to send them some pictures of the watch. WTF. So I just sold it on at a significant loss. Couldn't be bothered with the hassle.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Despite the low prices I'm certain that I'll be buying elsewhere from now on.

It seems Creation is a seller that likes the orders rolling in but does nothing when a negative issue arises.Given the money that must be flowing through their accounts daily their initial response is a customer service disaster.

I genuinely am thankful to WUS & my fellow members for posting about any & all things watches.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hmmm.... I've bought several watches from them. I personally never had a problem with any of them. But.... I would CERTAINLY expect them to ask me to return the watch if I had a similar issue. I'm pretty amazed that they gave you the brush off, and will be following this thread closely to see if they make it right. No more of my money will go to a company who treats their customers like that.

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
Oh good...now I have to wonder how my order will go...just ordered a couple of days ago. Glad I used Paypal. Still, sending something back to Singapore is effin expensive...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Gutted i found this thread i ordered my Orient Ray from them and it was faultless i was currently browsing there stock to see what to buy next which was gonna be today :) and read this so think i will skip. Shame as cant match there prices on any sites that ship to uk . Bad CW bad...

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Gutted i found this thread i ordered my Orient Ray from them and it was faultless i was currently browsing there stock to see what to buy next which was gonna be today :) and read this so think i will skip. Shame as cant match there prices on any sites that ship to uk . Bad CW bad...
+1 ... I was looking just this morning at maybe a new Monster or Stargate, I've had at least 4 faultless watches from them over the last couple of years, but reading this has lost them my custom...you give a one of us lot bad service Creationwatches and you lose much more than that one customer!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm taken aback by the CS issues from CW. I've purchased from them a few times without issue including the last purchase where I returned the watch because the indices didn't line up on nearly half of them. They asked for a few pictures to confirm and I got my refund immediately.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I highly doubt creationwatches will be responding to this thread unless somebody flat out requests a comment.
It looks like the only interest they have in this site is in the "for sale" forum.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
This is shocking! Always heard good things about creation but always have a niggling fear that their prices mean a gamble with quality?

Who wants to purchase a watch only to be told to go get it repaired locally and not bother the seller!

Fair play to the OP for bringing this shambles to the WUS community and please keep us updated, as I'm keen to see how this pans out, as I'm sure many many WUS members are.

·
Registered
154 Posts
But I always felt some thing was fishy.....true that prices are great but ever wondered why?

And would a legit seller mark the watch as " horology gift" with negligible value to avoid customs.

And their stock is very limited ....availability of watches changes with in days.

Something sinister is going on out there .

At least I am not buying from them ..... EVER.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Absolutely appalling cs. My father runs a one man HVAC/R business here in CT, and if a customer calls with an issue on something he worked on, you better believe he's getting in his truck to see what's up that same day, even if it means losing some money in the short term. A company as big as creation ought to know that keeping the customer happy is the best way to earn more clients and stay in business

Reactions: Engell

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The original post isn't alone sufficient for me to say that I'm never going to buy from Creation Watches, although it certainly does make me think that it's probably worth paying a few dollars more elsewhere rather than take the risk of this happening. However, if Creation Watches hasn't replied to this thread by the next time I check it I will never buy from them.

21 - 40 of 515 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.