Status
Not open for further replies.
501 - 515 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
It? Post 500 yeah baby!

Back on topic..

I can see what Pelican is saying. However, I think that point of view is being too understanding of Creation Watch and their business model from a customer's perspective.

It's one thing to understand their business model and how they're able to offer their watches at such low prices. But I think their business model is a completely separate issue from Customer Service. If you are in business, and your model is high volume via low prices, you still have to factor in Customer Service as part of your cost of doing business. You can't cut it out as a way to save your bottom line. It doesn't matter how big or how small your company is, Customer Service is a component of being in business, it's that simple.

As far as "this thread being a witch hunt". My point of view regarding that point is this is the reality in the day in age we live in. The Information age. Information exchange has accelerated even moreso with the advent of social media and mobile devices. And being in business today, you need to adapt to that reality.

The information age is truly a double edged sword. Yeh, CW might have lost money on the OP's sale, but they stand to loose future sales OR increase future sales by how they choose to respond to customer problems when they arise.

·
Registered
401 Posts

Back on topic..

I can see what Pelican is saying. However, I think that point of view is being too understanding of Creation Watch and their business model from a customer's perspective.

It's one thing to understand their business model and how they're able to offer their watches at such low prices. But I think their business model is a completely separate issue from Customer Service. If you are in business, and your model is high volume via low prices, you still have to factor in Customer Service as part of your cost of doing business. You can't cut it out as a way to save your bottom line. It doesn't matter how big or how small your company is, Customer Service is a component of being in business, it's that simple.

As far as "this thread being a witch hunt". My point of view regarding that point is this is the reality in the day in age we live in. The Information age. Information exchange has accelerated even moreso with the advent of social media and mobile devices. And being in business today, you need to adapt to that reality.

The information age is truly a double edged sword. Yeh, CW might have lost money on the OP's sale, but they stand to loose future sales OR increase future sales by how they choose to respond to customer problems when they arise.
Exactly what i'm saying!

·
Registered
662 Posts
This is somewhat off topic, but I've always been curious. Would you rather pay full price (maybe with some bargaining) for a $1000+ watch or save $200-$300 online?

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
This is somewhat off topic, but I've always been curious. Would you rather pay full price (maybe with some bargaining) for a $1000+ watch or save $200-$300 online?
I'd try and save those 20-30% off the price.

Sidenote, just ordered a stargate off of CW, let's see how fast it arrives and in what state. So far, I've no complaints - CW contacted me this morning to ask why the shipping & billing addresses didn't match up, and we cleared it up within minutes. So... tentatively positive impression so far. Will update as things develop.

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
As mentioned, I never intended to offend anyone, but it seems this was far too serious a thread in to which to try and introduce any other view. The majority has spoken and made the consensus view here quite clear with which I have zero problem whatsoever.

I find your comment of "Thanks for your words of infinite wisdom", after pointing the finger at me for being patronizing, highly ironic.

"People like me..." - What does that mean exactly?

No where here did I ever call anyone names or direct any criticism towards an individual. Moreover, I sympathise with the OP and said so multiple times.

All I did was introduce a view that was different from the majority here.
The response here to anything other than the majority view is seemingly rather unpleasant and only further confirms what I have already alluded to previously.

I will not be drawn any further into this thread.

I wish the OP all the very best in being able to resolve his issue.
Your "unpleasant" opposite view of the majority here is the reality and right on target. Nonetheless, individuals here who were badly treated by CW can do some human venting.

Basically you intruded analytically on their piss fest.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm assuming you are asking If I was spending $1000+ would I go to an AD store and bargain rather than risk the purchase of the same watch online to save a couple of hundred bucks... if that is the question I would definitely go AD for peace of mind, especially if I had never worn or handled the watch in question before. However if I knew the watch well and had an online dealer I trusted (which I don't at present) then I would consider buying from them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I 've actually been wanting to buy a Seiko SKX007/9 from them for a few weeks now. Even created a thread here and someone posted the link to this on that thread.
I'll not buy from Creation watches in the end.
I also mailed them with questions about the products and their responses were not accurate, nor very intelligeble. I find their gross interpretation of 'english' alarming, considering they are probably dealing with mostly non asian customers.

If someone has some other store in mind, which sends to the EU and has better customer service, please send me a PM.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I 've actually been wanting to buy a Seiko SKX007/9 from them for a few weeks now. Even created a thread here and someone posted the link to this on that thread.
I'll not buy from Creation watches in the end.
I also mailed them with questions about the products and their responses were not accurate, nor very intelligeble. I find their gross interpretation of 'english' alarming, considering they are probably dealing with mostly non asian customers.

If someone has some other store in mind, which sends to the EU and has better customer service, please send me a PM.
I bought my Seiko 007 from Rakuten Global Market. You might try contacting them to see if they will ship to your location. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your "unpleasant" opposite view of the majority here is the reality and right on target. Nonetheless, individuals here who were badly treated by CW can do some human venting.

Basically you intruded analytically on their piss fest.
I guess I don't see the opposite viewpoint as being rational. The OP was sent a defective watch. The only way he can fix it is by spending more money. That is wrong, period. It's a non-negotiable item in my world. Furthermore, creationwatch's responses are, in my perspective, indicative of a deeply flawed system.

I don't understand why a person armed with such knowledge would elect to continue doing business with them in a world full of similar alternatives. The loyalty is... odd.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
I guess I don't see the opposite viewpoint as being rational. The OP was sent a defective watch. The only way he can fix it is by spending more money. That is wrong, period. It's a non-negotiable item in my world. Furthermore, creationwatch's responses are, in my perspective, indicative of a deeply flawed system.

I don't understand why a person armed with such knowledge would elect to continue doing business with them in a world full of similar alternatives. The loyalty is... odd.
And dumb.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LosAngelesTimer

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,479 Posts
Today we received a request from Creationwatches to add their reply to this closed thread. We evaluated the reply and familiarized ourselves with the thread and decided there was information that could benefit our members. This is in no way an endorsement of Creationwatches by WatchUSeek.

hi all,
This is Jason here from Creationwatches. I have realized that some of the WUS members recently are not happy with their experience shopping with us. I have looked into each of them in detail and here is what I have found:

1. Our customer service has been not good for the last 6 months or so. The problem has been identified with a couple of customer service reps who were not following our procedures correctly. While it is no excuse and we should have identified the issue much before. I apologize for that. We have demoted one of them and hired some better customer service reps.

2. One of the complains was regarding a broken crown in a watch. For this case, we offered the customer to return the watch back to us and we will issue him a full refund along with refund for the cost of shipping the watch back to us. Normally return shipping with regular registered post costs at the most USD 20, so we offered the customer a full refund + USD 20 for return shipping cost. However the customer wanted almost USD 150 for returning the watch which is almost the same as the cost of the watch. We told the customer we have had many customers from your country returning the watch to us by registered post for less than USD 20, but he did not agree. He also wanted a discount of USD 150 on another watch which we couldn't afford. However I do agree that we should have handled the communaction better and offered better options to the customer. Initially he was offered a refund of only 5% which was too low to get the crown fixed. There is definitely room for improvement on our side here and I have already personally apologized to the customer for the whole situation. Like I mentioned this was handled by one of the customer service reps who was not exactly doing the best job and who has been demoted now.

I won't go into details about the other complains but our philisophy at creationwatches is to bring you the best watches at the best prices possible and with the speediest worldwide shipping (DHL Express) which reaches in less than 3-4 days usually anywhere in the world. This is more expensive for us as compared to regular shipping but we want the best experience for our customers and hence we offer Free DHL Express Shipping to almost all countries. Our margins are very low and hence we require certain co-operation from our customers in rare cases when the things are not as expected (given the number of shipments we send it is a really really small percentage of cases but like they say only the bad experiences get all the attention)

- when you shop with us one thing we can assure you that you will will receive exactly what you ordered. Rarely there might be issues with the watch unpon receipt (like the case of the crown coming out). In such cases we offer a full refund to the customer + cost of return shipping by registered mail. Once we receive the watch back we will either issue a full refund or send a replacement to the customer depending on what he chooses. We also give customer option for a partial refund if the issue is minor and the customer can live with it.

- in case of any issues with the watches subsequently the customer can send us the watch for repair/servicing. For the first 2 years we do not charge anything and after than our repair fees are very very nominal (We do not make money on repairs unlike the service centers who can charge you almost the cost of the watch when it is out of warranty). Also most of the brands come with intenational warranty and you can take it to the authorized service centers. We have seen some cases where authorized service centers refuse the repairs (because the watch was purchased on the internet and not through their network of shops). It is illegal for them to refuse the repairs just because the watch was not bought from their distribution. However in such cases we ask the customer to send the watch to us for repair free of cost. Repairs with us can take longer sometimes because we have to order parts etc. sometimes. However atleast you will not have to pay exorbitant prices to get it repaired locally.

-We really want to ensure that all our customers are happy with their purchases. However there are cases where some buyers try to take advantage with threats of negative reviews, forum posts etc. but we can't bend to such extortion. Sometimes identifying genuine cases from such cases can be difficult but we always give customers benefit of the doubt. But we may also ask customers to send us pictures of the issue etc. Even for the biggest and the best companies in the world you will find complains online that make them seem like the worst businesses.

So the bottom line is that when you shop at creationwatches we guarantee that you will receive a brand new authentic watch exactly as you would at a local retailer. If in rare cases things go wrong we will handle it so that you do not lose anything. So specifically:
1. Package gets lost: Once DHL or the post office completes their invetigation and officially declares the package lost we will refund you in full or send you a replacement.
2. Watch received is not as expected and it is our fault: i.e. we either sent a wrong watch or the watch received has some defect. If the defect is something you can live with we will offer you a partial refund for the cost of the watch along with a discount on any future watch purchase. If this is not acceptable, we will ask you to send the watch back to us for a full refund or replacement. We will re-imburse you for the shipping cost for shipping by registered mail (we might ask you to send a copy of the receipt of the shipping cost).
3. Watch received is what was ordered but you do not like it: in this case you can still send the watch back to us. The shipping cost will have to be borne by you.

So basically you will not be left in the dark and at a loss unless you are expecting something unreasonable from us (e.g. refund of USD 150 for shipping cost back to us). We can't do business and will not survive if we do not provide value to our customers. And the value we provide is great watches at excellent prices with free express shipping. We run a tight ship in terms of margnins but we are always doing our best with our core principles in mind.

Having said all this, we still have room for improvement. Like I said initially we are going to review our customer service and ensure that it is up to the mark. I once again apologize for any troubles and inconveniences WUS members might have faced. You can email me or Andy directly at [email protected] if you have any feedback for us or questions/concerns. Your opinion is important to us.

501 - 515 of 515 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.