WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
WUS is the last place a watch dealer wants to garner a bad reputation.

I too am curious to see how this plays out.

To the OP, file the dispute with your CC even if you're "ok" with the situation. What "CW" is doing is wrong, very wrong.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I bought my seiko from them, there was a small ting mark on the dial and when I tried to return it, they just asked me to go to the watchmaker to clean the dials. I knew it would be this way so I just lived with it. I know however, that I would not buy from them again. I guess these kinda sites, if you get the perfect watch it's good but if you get a bit of a lemon then it's too bad.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
i wonder if they will see all the negative posts on this thread and respond? Anyway, when we buy from sites like creationwatches, skywatch etc, we are taking a gamble. They are cheaper vs authorized dealers for a reason.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I've never had a problem with them before and I've bought alot of watches from them.but I also haven't had a broken one on arrival.the problem for me is sending it back whether it's broken or I don't like it....as it costs £60 to send back,I live in the UK.so for a mako costing £95 if I don't like it I'm better off keeping it anyway as it will cost me £60 to send back!i always have to be sure of the watch I'm buying before I purchase it from them....as we all do I suspect by looking at reviews other peoples experiences and opinions etc.......how much will it cost to get the crown repaired?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I've never had a problem with them before and I've bought alot of watches from them.but I also haven't had a broken one on arrival.the problem for me is sending it back whether it's broken or I don't like it....as it costs £60 to send back,I live in the UK.so for a mako costing £95 if I don't like it I'm better off keeping it anyway as it will cost me £60 to send back!i always have to be sure of the watch I'm buying before I purchase it from them....as we all do I suspect by looking at reviews other peoples experiences and opinions etc.......how much will it cost to get the crown repaired?
The watch is at my local watchshop atm. Let's see how bad things are...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
UPDATE:

Talked with my CC company yesterday, and I have to return the watch to get my money back (through the CC company). But CW has told me, that they'll refuse to receive any package without a confirmed RMA ID... And spending 50% of the watch's value in shipping cost, knowing they'll return it to me, doesn't make any sense!

So this is probably how this case will end... Right now I'm pretty pissed off

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Am I right in thinking that if you return a faulty product within the EU then the EU-based online retailer has to cover the shipping costs both ways?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
UPDATE:

Talked with my CC company yesterday, and I have to return the watch to get my money back (through the CC company). But CW has told me, that they'll refuse to receive any package without a confirmed RMA ID... And spending 50% of the watch's value in shipping cost, knowing they'll return it to me, doesn't make any sense!

Yes that's the problem as I was saying about sending it back,I remember I asked them once they basically said there margins are so tight that they can't pay for postage back if you don't like the watch.i did ask what about if it was faulty they said they still wouldn't.i understand where you are coming from...it's ironic really....as I have ordered a mako xl with them which is due to come on Monday!!!!!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Am I right in thinking that if you return a faulty product within the EU then the EU-based online retailer has to cover the shipping costs both ways?
AFAIK, no. In fact, most of the times I have to send something in for a warranty repair I end up paying for shipping. Companies reimbursing shipping costs for warranty work isn't as common here as in the US. Just my personal experience of course.

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
AFAIK, no. In fact, most of the times I have to send something in for a warranty repair I end up paying for shipping. Companies reimbursing shipping costs for warranty work isn't as common here as in the US. Just my personal experience of course.
I'm not talking about when an item develops a fault and needs warranty, I'm meaning if you buy something and it arrives not working, ie not as described? I wonder if I can find a good website listing EU distance selling regulations.....

edit: here we are:

Returning faulty goods

If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, The Distance Selling Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.

So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Sale of Goods Act as you have when buying face to face.

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I have to say I have not received an item that was broken on day one from a EU seller. I had one break on day two so I had to pay shipping...

·
Premium Member
6,476 Posts
Some "company" this is. At the VERY small company I work as my night/weekend job, we would take it back no questions asked. It's not the customer's fault a non-working item arrives. Making the customer happy is imperative so they'll be happy, tell their friends etc.

Say the watch was broken beyond repair. In this case, that's at worst $100 cost for them. But how much money are they losing from the WUS community finding out about their ridiculous customer service? It'll end up being thousands of dollars in lost sales.

Claus, tak for advarslen. I det mindste kan vi andre undgå dem.

Reactions: rpm1974 and Engell

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Engell. I was just on the edge to pull the trigger on a new piece from them... I'll definitely reconsider now!

Imho the quality of a seller shouldn't be based on prices or deliverytime etc., but how they manage issues with their products!

Which reminds me... Are there some sort of thread on here, that sums up the "good guys" out there? My google-fu wasn't quite sufficient to find it, it seems...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
That's the rule here in Denmark... and since CW has a Danish flag on their website, show their prices in Danish currency, and advertise on Google (Denmark), they has to comply with Danish law!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Certainly won't be buying from CW... ever.

Photo caption Alcohol Internet meme Liqueur Drink

·
Registered
11,418 Posts
UPDATE:

Unbelievable how shady they are. I hope they lose a massive amount of business from this. I doubt they even care what's going on here and the business they could be losing. By not covering maybe a couple of hundred dollars they're losing thousands.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I sent rinki.creationwatches a PM with a link to this thread. I let them know that if this is how they treat their customers who have a legitimate issue with a watch that I will never purchase from them again, and will recommend others do the same.

You guys should do the same. If they come on to tens of PMs maybe they will rethink their policy. I'm sure that the majority of 'One watch cattle' out there aren't members on WUS, but I'd bet that members here account for a measurable percentage of their sales.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I would just bite the bullet on this one and just get your local watch smith to repair the watch.
Further dealings with them doesn't sound like it'll be worth the 5% refund.

BUT, make sure you post a review wherever you can.
AND, borrow the Dos Equis meme from Blues52 (above), rename it to Creationwatches.jpg and post in your reviews. That way that pic will show up in all image searches for the company.

41 - 60 of 515 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.