WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Still very much in love with my 1938 Chrono Black. I bought it with the standard black nappa leather strap and I'm looking for a crocodile option. Has anyone put a mid-brown colored strap on the 1938 Chrono Black? So far I'm thinking of going with either Stowa's croc strap or one of the many options from Hirsch. Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Go for a made-to-measure strap from Camille Fournet.

Further down the price/quality, get one from TWB. They stock 22/18 straps like the one you have now.

I'd skip the Stowa straps if you ask.

I'm not affiliated to any shops/brands mentioned, just sharing with you my experiences.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mike, that's the PERFECT color brown that i'm looking for. is that the stowa mid-brown croc or something else?

suaku, thank you for the recommendations. i'll have to check those out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Go for a made-to-measure strap from Camille Fournet.
I have 2 of those and I am not getting a third.

The alligator leather is absolutely fantastic and the hand stitching is incredibly well done. However: one of the two straps is nearly a millimeter too narrow for spec; both straps have the buckle holes placed retardedly close to the tip; both straps have a different profile from what I ordered (but it looks better than what I ordered, so that is OK) and Camille Fournet ignored my subsequent emails.

I also have 3 Stowa alligator straps. The leather is not quite as good, the stitching is not by hand, and the strap is rather thin. However they are great value for money (and higher quality finish than TWB) and I will easily order more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts