WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

For those who have seen my 005 or 111 thread, I had ended up going with the 005. Bad news is, I may want a 111 anyway in the future lol...we'll see.

The watch was shipped from the AD but I have already started looking at straps. I wish to buy a brown croc strap similiar to the OEM strap on other model Panerais. My question is, who carries designs like this? I went through the listing of strap makers and saw that only Don's had something similiar to what I wanted...any direction?

Also, I'm getting ahead of myself, but how easy is it to change the strap? I have read there are "pins" and other pieces to swap. Any tricks? And any safety hints so I don't scratch the watch when doing this?

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!

·
4,077 Posts
It's a piece of cake to swap straps. The watch will come with a special screwdriver designed for the screw-in lug pins that the Historic PAMs use. Once you do it once or twice, you want have to think twice.

Don't get over-confident or in a hurry, though. That's when you'll scratch up your watch. You'll get scratches, though, no matter what. So, try not to sweat it too much. Most screwdriver-made scratches will come out with a cape cod cloth and a little elbow grease.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Good choice with the 005, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As for the strap, you should have had the AD ship a Panerai OEM croc with your watch.
There are plenty of places to buy what you're looking for. Check out the "accessories Corner" on Paneristi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts