WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having acquired a few Croton Nivada Grenchen timepieces - Aquamaster 360EL, and a woman's Seamaid and Colorama set for my wife, I knew I wanted to add an Antarctic model to the small collection. Finally picked one up recently, and while it isn't the exact model I'd searched for, I like it just the same. Here's a pic of it next to my Aquamaster 360EL, and some individual pics. Movement is the ETA2452, and running very well.
There are some spots on the dial that aren't too bothersome, but I'm wondering if those can be removed safely. Any suggestions?

The connection to the IGY (International Geophysical Year) and Operation Deep Freeze is fascinating, and I love the hour markers on these models.

Eric

·
Registered
752 Posts
Eric,
First off, sent you a PM. Second, a very nice Antarctic, most of these models have the ETA 2451, yours, the 2452 is the calendar model. There are many different variations of the Antarctic, dial design, case design and color, and jewel count. Case sizes also vary, many have the 31mm case, but the most popular is like my first photo, and that case is 34mm. The Antarctic VII has a gold filled case, and is a front opening. I've attached a few of the different ones that I have.
Regards,
George

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info George, I appreciate it. It appears that the one in your first picture is the one I'd really like to have. Yours looks like it's in excellent condition. That lug design, with the larger markers..... sweet! Love it.
Thanks for sharing all the pics. So many different variations.

Eric

·
Premium Member
13,381 Posts
Eric,
First off, sent you a PM. Second, a very nice Antarctic, most of these models have the ETA 2451, yours, the 2452 is the calendar model. There are many different variations of the Antarctic, dial design, case design and color, and jewel count. Case sizes also vary, many have the 31mm case, but the most popular is like my first photo, and that case is 34mm. The Antarctic VII has a gold filled case, and is a front opening. I've attached a few of the different ones that I have.
Regards,
George

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
nice sets of nivadas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts