WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just received the 22mm Chevlon leather strap from them. The leather has a beautiful grained surface, and despite looking so rugged, is extremely soft, and requires no break-in period! Softer than both the Heroic and Steve-O strap that I had before it. Will definitely be the first place I go to for more straps in the future :)

http://www.crownandbuckle.com (not affiliated with them in any way)

22mm on a pam48
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Beautiful Chocolate brown patina with grained texture.
Dog collar Collar Strap Fashion accessory Buckle

Sewn in Pre-V buckle (they have other buckle options as well)
Purple Technology Robot Machine Fashion accessory

Felt as soft as a rubber strap! |>
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

·
Registered
801 Posts
ed21x said:
Just received the 22mm Chevlon leather strap from them. The leather has a beautiful grained surface, and despite looking so rugged, is extremely soft, and requires no break-in period! Softer than both the Heroic and Steve-O strap that I had before it. Will definitely be the first place I go to for more straps in the future :)

Leather, Nato, Zulu Watch Straps - Crown and Buckle (not affiliated with them in any way)

22mm on a pam48

Beautiful Chocolate brown patina with grained texture.

Sewn in Pre-V buckle (they have other buckle options as well)

Felt as soft as a rubber strap! |>
+1 just got same strap today. Awesome - no break in required, comfy right out of the box. Sorry the pictures aren't too good. I think this watch looks SOOOOO much better on brown rather than black. Now we just need to come up with a bronze buckle.

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i assume we all got in o the Sewn in buckle discount. Fortunately the buckle is pretty thin, so it doesn't seem to get in the way much.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah, I just read up on the GPF MOD DEP buckle and it says it can wear kinda large due to it being flat with no curvature. Well I gave it a little curve so I guess I PRE V'ed it a little. it was not easy to bend but it wears much nicer now.
Again though... I really like this strap for the money and I may buy another but I have mostly Divers though and I have to keep a few or couple at least on something I can get wet.

·
Vendor
3,090 Posts
Perfect match with your PAM, ed21x. We are very glad that everyone is happy with their straps. The Chevlon is flying off the shelves with the sale discount (it was already our top seller in 22mm before the sale). We will be sold out soon, but don't worry, we have a new batch incoming with normal spring bar buckles, so the buckle can be changed easily in the future.

Gotitonme, can you post a pic or two of the buckle after bending it, and your method of choice? It might help others out; the GPF buckle would certainly wear smaller if it were curved like a Pre-V buckle.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Perfect match with your PAM, ed21x. We are very glad that everyone is happy with their straps. The Chevlon is flying off the shelves with the sale discount (it was already our top seller in 22mm before the sale). We will be sold out soon, but don't worry, we have a new batch incoming with normal spring bar buckles, so the buckle can be changed easily in the future.

Gotitonme, can you post a pic or two of the buckle after bending it, and your method of choice? It might help others out; the GPF buckle would certainly wear smaller if it were curved like a Pre-V buckle.
The pic will have to wait until I get home as I didn't wear that watch today, but I can say how I did it...
I placed the top end if the buckle and latch post in a padded vise upside down and then uses a notched block of wood to press and bend the exposed end of the buckle and post (the part attached to the strap) until the desired angle.
I can tell you though it wasn't easy, I had to really put a lot of weight into it, and I did not bend it very much. Just a slight angle so it would hug the wrist a little better.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I think I bought this a day before the sale but +1 on a great strap. I squeezed the 20mm on my PRC200 and now I actually want to wear that watch again. Bye bye crappy Tissot strap - hello soft and supple C&B beauty.

·
Premium Member
41,091 Posts
I have done this with a number of flat buckles as well and it makes a huge difference in how it sits on the band and wrist. I have only been correcting mine at about 20 degrees and it seems to be the best angle. I make sure to use a padded, secure vice, a non-marring ABS or rubber mallet, a block or soft wooden plate to make the crease/pressure uniform, and always apply minimal force first, working up to a more aggressive manner if needed.

SS is a hard metal to bend, especially on a buckle which has such a small, confined surface area, but as long as you have a vise/clamp that supports the entire buckle length equally, and use something that applies the correcting pressure evenly, it just takes a little time and common sense to mod a flat buckle slightly. SS can also be a PITA to polish out on small surfaces, so make sure to support it in a non-abrasive manner as to not induce any scratches or micro-marring.

·
Registered
298 Posts

Here's a wrist shot of the modded buckle...
and one of the angle. Sorry these are just IPhone pics...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I recently received a chevlon that I intended to put on my Orient Flight. I ended up putting it on my Maratac Pilot. I can't believe how comfortable this strap is. I have worn the Maratac every day since putting it in. I am.going to get another C&B wrap for the flight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts