WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Crown & Buckle, Cheap Nato Straps, or Clockwork Synergy?

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Covenant 
#1 ·
Looking to purchase a couple of perlon and leather straps, and I'm not sure which one to go with. I know Cheap Nato Straps is often talked about on these forums, but how about the other two? Are they all pretty much the same with respect to quality, service, and price?

#3 ·
If you're looking for "seat belt" quality NATO, check out Cincy Strap Works. Their "seat belt" straps are very similar to the original Omega NATO Strap quality. I have both and I keep going back to Cincy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Do they usually have the seat belt straps in black, I just see navy blue, navy and mixed colors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
#7 ·
Regarding Perlon straps, the one strong preference that I've developed is to stick with the 1-piece + floating keeper(s) type that uses ladder buckles. If the underside of your wrist is sensitive to scratchy threads/seams you have more leeway to reposition them or cover them up. Plus, of course, you have a ton of flexibility for sizing the strap. Finally, even if a strap originally came with a cheap stamped buckle it's trivial to upgrade to a premium ladder buckle (or one that matches your case finish) when a sale and/or coupon works in your favor. As long as the width is correct you can mix and match straps and buckles from different vendors. So, even if the strap itself isn't premium, you can work around that to some degree and still have something that's really comfortable.

#9 ·
I've tried a perlon from an Amazon vendor, never again. Eulit or bust. Eulit Kristall (now discontinued I hear :_( ) had the great ladder buckle that someone mentioned, you can not only size it to suit you, you can shift the buckle a bit so if you're always using the same spot for the buckle tang, you can shift it around a bit to reduce the long term wear.

I have a gray example of the the next coarser weave from Eulit I received from a user here, almost indistinguishable, still comfy. Highly recommend you try Eulit for your first perlon woven strap.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.