WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tried the Crown & Buckle Chevron strap on my BB58. Liked it so much I got another my Speedy.

NATO straps never really looked or fit well for me. The added bulk and height of two straps under the watch and the typically too long strap end (at least for me) always turned me off. But this is a Goldilocks strap IMHO.

A bit expensive for a "NATO"-like strap $32, but it does include nice hardware and the entire thing is high quality (still far less expensive than OEM NATO straps).

·
Registered
102 Posts
One came today ironically enough. I haven’t put it in my Unimatic yet, but I will later tonight. Looks like a nice strap, looking forward to trying it

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have one in the Night + Harvest color and it's definitely my favorite one piece strap. Fits a lot better than normal NATO straps and super comfortable too.

Reactions: Kev161 and teckel12

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tried the Crown & Buckle Chevron strap on my BB58. Liked it so much I got another my Speedy.
View attachment 15537862
NATO straps never really looked or fit well for me. The added bulk and height of two straps under the watch and the typically too long strap end (at least for me) always turned me off. But this is a Goldilocks strap IMHO.

A bit expensive for a "NATO"-like strap $32, but it does include nice hardware and the entire thing is high quality (still far less expensive than OEM NATO straps).
Wow, the one on the Tudor looks especially sharp with the colors on the bezel and dial. Nice NATOs.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I currently sport the Night colored Chevron on my Laco. I also have the Blushark Knit Weave Space Watch Strap but find I prefer the Crown & Buckle Chevron Night.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just spent $34 on my first purchase @ Crown & Buckle thanks to you enablers. ;)

Two regular NATO's and one of those nifty premium spring bar tools in the post en route to me now.

·
Registered
612 Posts
They’re nice, wish they were a little longer, maybe a little thicker. Kind of insubstantial feeling when paired with the Speedy. Very comfy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
297 Posts
Huge fan of C&B Chevron, particularly on my tropical diver!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Unfortunately for me, those great Chevron straps aren't made for those of us with larger wrists. But if you're 7 in" or under, they're fantastic.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They’re nice, wish they were a little longer, maybe a little thicker. Kind of insubstantial feeling when paired with the Speedy. Very comfy though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely not too long and on the thinner side, but I think that's why I like it. Some NATO straps are thick like seat belts, which doesn't fit right and isn't comfortable or me.

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Unfortunately for me, those great Chevron straps aren't made for those of us with larger wrists. But if you're 7 in" or under, they're fantastic.
I'm fairly sure they would fit up to 8" wrists. I'm 6" and both on the shortest hole with a lot taken up in the adjustable buckle. If I'd adjust the buckle and use a larger hole I'm sure it would at least be 2 more inches.

Have you actually tried it (including adjusting the buckle length)? What's your wrist size?

EDIT: Their website says it's a 10" max wrist size. Maybe you tried one on without adjusting the buckle?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts