WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crown is Painful – what can I do???

Just purchased a new Longine Spirit watch and put in on a leather band. I love it's look and how it sits on my hand, except for the crown.

The crown on that watch has really sharp edges on the little teeth and is constantly digging in to my skin. As I stated, I love the watch and want to wear it more during the week, so is there anything I can do or can be done to help with the problem?

Thank you all!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Re: Crown is Painful – what can I do???

Put it on a bund instead of a regular leather band?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

Post a pic of your wrist & watch.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

Go back to your dentist.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

Oh, wait, I read your thread. Hmm... Is the watch too tight perhaps? Could you cut a little sliver of clear tape to cover the part of the crown that meets your skin?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

OP! Do you wear the watch above or below (closer to the hand) the protruding bone?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

Wear it on a bund or compass type of strap - that places some leather between your wrist and the watch and crown.

Put it on a nato or zulu sort of strap - the extra material under the watch may raise the watch and crown up enough to be comfortable for you.

Have a jeweler or watch repairman smooth the edges of the crown a bit.

Wear the watch a bit looser. If you don't like it flopping around as much then, put it on a rubber strap - those tend to stay put more than other straps.

Wear it on your other wrist - it may be more comfortable for you then.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts

I think a bund would look very nice on the Spirit (with the '30s cushion case and stylized lettering), but, as others have pointed out, you might be wearing it a bit too tight or on the wrong portion of your wrist. However, if changing that doesn't help, a bund might be the way to go. As Michael pointed out, a Zulu might be another option.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts

I just had a look at the Spirit crown, seems to be poorly designed/executed :-s

Lovely looking watch though, one Longines I would definitely consider ... another is the 1957/Heritage Conquest.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts

Send the watch to me. I will gladly wear it.

Call me whenever you need to know time.

:)

·
Registered
4,620 Posts

Wear it on the opposite wrist?

·
Registered
9,327 Posts

Try adjusting the strap not as tight so you can wear it higher up the wrist.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

If you want to wear it in the same place, as tightly as you do, it can be an idea to ask a watchmaker to put a chamfer on the crown.
I did not realise it had such a sharp edge!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

If you want to wear it in the same place, as tightly as you do, it can be an idea to ask a watchmaker to put a chamfer on the crown.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts

Janne, stop leaning on your keyboard!

Wear it on a bund or compass type of strap - that places some leather between your wrist and the watch and crown.

Have a jeweler or watch repairman smooth the edges of the crown a bit.

Wear it on your other wrist - it may be more comfortable for you then.
3 of what HiM said.
The watch may not suit a Bund, but there is only one way to find out. You may feel wrong with it on the wrong wrist. The smoothing makes the most sense but really needs to be done properly, with the crown detached from the watch, and it is the most complex solution.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts