WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Taste is something you shouldn‘t discuss. I‘d pass

+ Quartz Ronda for 1100 looks like a joke
+ Scuderia imho isn‘t a well chosen name, don‘t see any relation to moror or horse racing
+ can probably be had for less buying in CH or I

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not a huge fan. The design seems to be all over the place to me. Huge hands and numbers on the outside, tiny hands and numbers in the sub dials.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
OP, you need to narrow the field a bit; maybe give us an idea of when/where you’ll be wearing the watch and a little about yourself. Do you prefer quartz or mechanical, do you have a size and style preference, do you wear any other watches? I mean, there are as many “coolest watches” as there are members here....you need to establish some sort of template/guidelines for this to work.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I've been keeping my eyes open for a bull-head chrono for a couple of years, but the size and thickness is always a deterrent.
Check out Stuckx -- it's a mecaquartz bull-head micro brand that seems to get some love on the forums.
https://wornandwound.com/review/stuckx-the-bull-preview-review/

If you're looking for a cool multifunction with the presence & heft of the Scuderia, check out the Gavox Aurora. One of my most regretted flips.

Gavox-Aurora-pic-03-060318.jpeg

It has an extremely clever meca-quartz movement from Soprod, built just for this watch, using a retrograde handset. It has chronograph w/flyback & splits, and a countdown timer w/a 31-hour totalizer and visual alarm, as well as UTC, moon phase, perpetual calendar & optional active seconds. It has sapphire, blazing lume, a 5-7 year battery life, and 100M water resistance. When it's running the chrono, the hour hand becomes the minute register, the minute hand becomes the second hand. In countdown timer mode, the hands run backwards. It's kind of mesmerizing. Very easy & intuitive to use. It's a Belgian micro brand, so the price is gonna be somewhere between $800 and $1000 depending on exchange rate.

Gavox-Aurora-WRUW-030218.jpeg

Gavox also has a really cool pilot/diver hybrid w/an elapsed time rotating bezel called the Avidiver. It's an automatic. I have come close many times to picking one up. These are hitting the pre-owned market as well, and are very reasonably priced.

Gavox-avidiver-blue-steel-pvd.jpg

Another cool quartz chrono is the A-13A Pilot Watch. Heck, it's a great watch. It's a single watch microbrand from Italy, and the owner/creator is a WUS member, a pilot, and an engineer. The watch is a central minute chronograph. Also in the $800-$1000 range but worth every penny. It looks and wears and feels like a mechanical watch, runs like a precision instrument, and is really fun. Also sapphire, 100M water resistance, screw-down crown, screw-in caseback ... great specs all-round.

A13a-storepic.jpg

Finally, there's the TAG Caliber S, which is another multifunction quartz with a retrograde handset. I have no idea if these are still in production, but you can find them preowned at fairly reasonable prices. I haven't owned on, but they have a bit of cult following.

PC035465-WM.jpg

Good luck OP!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Guys do you have any other recommendations in this price range? What is the absolute coolest/highend watch that can be had for under 2k?
So many good watches available. You’ll have to give more details about your lifestyle and fashion style. Also, whether you would want to build a collection of watches or just looking for that one watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
High End for under 2k ? Typo, right ?
hahahahaha, I must admit i like your style mike....you strike me as a no nonsense type of guy, a I desereved that hit, it is a bit silly to expect high end at that price at least brand new high end at that price, i will take that on the chin and be more respectful to the crowd/users here because i'm new.............fair credit to you mike.....fair credit to you sir........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts