WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some reading into rechargeable batteries for my Gshock and I see online they list CTL1616 as a replacement. On the net I have found CTL1616, CTL1616 with Japan and 2 mark, and finally CTL1616F.

Which is the newest model and what is the difference. So far the CTL1616F seems to be the most popular but how knows if those pictures are accurate or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also noticed some off the CTL616F models are from Japan and others from Indonesia. Anything to worry about where it comes from?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I got the CTL1616 (JAPAN 2) replacement with new mark CTL1616F Made In Indonesia (online order). Seem now the new product is Made In Indonesia (IMHO). Strangely authorized sales service may not readily available. So It's work know and hope it can be better than the previous CTL1616

·
Registered
941 Posts
I really do not think it matters where it is made. Just like G-Shocks made in China, Thailand, or Japan, the QC is all the same.
Not true. G-Shocks made in Japan have the best QC. Thailand G-Shocks have the 2nd best QC and the China made G-Shocks come out 3rd and last in QC. Even though most people don't want to hear this, it's 100% true.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts