WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi again guys,

went to a couple of fleamarkets yesterday with a fellow WIS and picked up this very interesting mechanical orient watch:

SS100874 Comp.jpg

SS100875 Comp.jpg

It has '17 jewels water resistant' on the dial
'all stainless steel water resistant' on the back as well as 'OS 215' (cal. no.?)

unfortunately i havent yet been able to open the caseback however when i do i will update this post with the relevant information

Any comments/info welcomed

Thanks in advance,

Hazchrono

·
Registered
881 Posts
Wow, amazing lucky find!! These are very rare and a real collector's piece! These sell for a large amount of money, I saw one sell for $1000 and that was cheap. You are officially in the money now!!!

(Joke, I don't know how much it is worth or anything about it, but it does look interesting inside, nice find! ;-))

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
interesting. its a handwinder.

water resistant marking gives some dating estimate to at least the 70's. the case back looks nicer than I would have expected.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, i have serious doubts as to whether the caseback is original to the watch it has OS 215 on the back, which as anzac pointed out could refer to orient star, which it probably isnt.

·
Registered
162 Posts
the likelihood of someone having an orient star caseback of the exact same dimensions and bothering to put in on a watch which is most likely worth less than any orient star is pretty slim. especially in hungary. come on harrison, pensar!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts