WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chuck pointed this out to me yesterday, but I hadn't had a chance to post it, yet.

Along with a price increase and revamped (14 digit) reference number system, Chuck shared the following information, from a popular Omega AD:
"Here's the schtick... All the old models (case reference numbers) are discontinued, getting one of the old ones will be VERY DIFFICULT. He did just get in one of the old model White Dial with Bracelet, and he expects that to be the last one.

The new Black Dial model is MSRPed at $5380 not $5280 as I reported earlier. The new model has a different dial, the outer-rim and subdials are a gray color while the main (non-subdial) portions are the familar black. He said in looking at the printouts that the new model was easier to read in his opinion.

The new models aren't in yet, and it could be as long as 4-6 weeks before they hit dealer's shelves, but considering it's the Christmas holiday buying season, one would hope that Omega would rush them out (hopefully they won't skip quality control!)... "
You can read the full TZ thread here.

eric

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
guess?

Here's a very quick and very dirty photochop of what we might be looking at, based on Chuck's AD's description.

eric

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point

I think you make a good point, John. Then again, we saw a, what...$900 bump for the Co-ax and cosmetic upgrades to the Bond SMP. We know that Omega is trying to go further "upscale," and one of the easiest (read: laziest) ways to do it is by jacking prices behind relatively minor upgrades.

I wouldn't' be surprised if the BA does end up Co-axed (ah, we Americans love to verb nouns), but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

eric

·
Premium Member
13,241 Posts
Re: Good point

5380$ for watch with an unreliable movement is pure waste of money. The coaxial is merely backed up by marketing, the laboartory tests are one thing, the daily wear is another one. Coax or not coax, it is not the question the question here is the quality control improved? I don't think so and till we will have failures with the 33xx, you just have to consider it as a marketing hyped movement. Even zenith new chronos are horrors, go for a daytona with the proven 4130 and with a very good reliability record (not given but collectability, quality and re sale value are excellent).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts