WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I would buya watch with the 200 movement in it, in just a heart beat.

Watchworlds online magazine tells just what wathgroups own which brand.

For instance Omega is owned by the Swatch group,Bulova by Citizen.
You get theidea.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
12,721 Posts
Once again, if you read what I wrote in the 3 clarifications, those statements are completely accurate...as anyone who really understands brand timing specifications and how they are used can attest to. If you choose to ignore those and only focus on the first statement I made, that is your choice.

My work meets or exceeds the work done at factory service centers, as any of my clients can tell you. You can criticize what I've written here all you like, but if you start implying false things about my work, you are crossing a line mate.

Regards, Al
To SIMPLIFY this for you Dimman, try and follow this.

COSC timing requirements = -4/+6
A regulated watch that runs at +2 is running within COSC timing specs. That's it in a nutshell, if you can't grasp that, I give up. At no point did Al mention that he tests his watches to COSC specs, various temps and all that stuff. Let me put it a different way, if the speed limit is 50 and you are doing 51, you are outside the speed limit. It's no different in what Al has been saying all along, if a watch is running at +2, that is within COSC timing specs, if it's running at +8 it's running outside COSC timing specs. Please tell me this makes sense, Dimman.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Once again, if you read what I wrote in the 3 clarifications, those statements are completely accurate...as anyone who really understands brand timing specifications and how they are used can attest to. If you choose to ignore those and only focus on the first statement I made, that is your choice.

My work meets or exceeds the work done at factory service centers, as any of my clients can tell you. You can criticize what I've written here all you like, but if you start implying false things about my work, you are crossing a line mate.

Regards, Al
There are no false implications at all. You made an original statement that you achieved COSC specs with non-COSC movements. You didn't. You clarified and backtracked after the statement was challenged.

I'm not accusing you of deliberately misleading people. I'm saying that careless statements lead to people being misled.

What is with this 'line' being crossed about your work, anyways? The only 'line' that's been crossed is the misuse of COSC. Would you have made your clarification if it wasn't pressed? Doubtful.

It's things like this that give leverage to the big brands to put the squeeze on independent watchmakers. Rolex has been savaging independents to consolidate the after service money. Others are starting to whisper that only factory service should be adequate. They can use any tiny lack of professionalism to reinforce their position until they feel they have enough action is supported. Then certifications and genuine spare parts disappear...

And for your cheerleaders, just because people responding to the thread want to support the clarification, it doesn't mean the hundreds that just read silently understand or even agree.

The independent industry needs to step up their professionalism.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts

A regulated watch that runs at +2 is running within COSC timing specs. That's it in a nutshell, if you can't grasp that, I give up. At no point did Al mention that he tests his watches to COSC specs, various temps and all that stuff. Let me put it a different way, if the speed limit is 50 and you are doing 51, you are outside the speed limit. It's no different in what Al has been saying all along, if a watch is running at +2, that is within COSC timing specs, if it's running at +8 it's running outside COSC timing specs. Please tell me this makes sense, Dimman.
He doesn't follow the COSC testing procedures therefore they are not COSC spec. Period.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts

·
Registered
12,721 Posts
He doesn't follow the COSC testing procedures therefore they are not COSC spec. Period.
COSC TIMING SPECS -4/+6
Watch is regulated to +2 per 24 hours, watch is running within COSC timing specs. PERIOD! The watch has not been adjusted to COSC specs but it is running within COSC timing specs!!! PERIOD!

·
Registered
12,721 Posts
There are no false implications at all. You made an original statement that you achieved COSC specs with non-COSC movements. You didn't. You clarified and backtracked after the statement was challenged.

I'm not accusing you of deliberately misleading people. I'm saying that careless statements lead to people being misled.

What is with this 'line' being crossed about your work, anyways? The only 'line' that's been crossed is the misuse of COSC. Would you have made your clarification if it wasn't pressed? Doubtful.

It's things like this that give leverage to the big brands to put the squeeze on independent watchmakers. Rolex has been savaging independents to consolidate the after service money. Others are starting to whisper that only factory service should be adequate. They can use any tiny lack of professionalism to reinforce their position until they feel they have enough action is supported. Then certifications and genuine spare parts disappear...

And for your cheerleaders, just because people responding to the thread want to support the clarification, it doesn't mean the hundreds that just read silently understand or even agree.

The independent industry needs to step up their professionalism.

I'm not a cheerleader, when you are wrong, you are wrong. You happen to be an untrained individual who happens to think he's right. The only one I might add.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
I'll say it once again, I have never claimed to be doing the full COSC testing.
Then here's the thing. Then you can't call your timing 'COSC spec'. That's the whole point of the name attached to the test. You don't meet all the conditions.

It is like calling 316L 'Rolex spec' stainless steel because it hits most of the same requirements that 904L does.

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
This thread needs more pics.....my Sellitas, all run well.

To pummel a dead horse some more, those who think some of their watches have ETA movements may actually own Sellita made under contract. Also many ETA have Sellita made parts in them.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Actually I clarified at the end of that same post what was meant - that I have adjusted them to run within the specs manufacturers demand for their COSC watches.

Would you have made your clarification if it wasn't pressed? Doubtful.
Once again, I clarified in the same post where I said I had adjusted the watches...read it again.

·
Registered
12,721 Posts
Then here's the thing. Then you can't call your timing 'COSC spec'. That's the whole point of the name attached to the test. You don't meet all the conditions.

It is like calling 316L 'Rolex spec' stainless steel because it hits most of the same requirements that 904L does.

ONCE AGAIN...

A regulated watch that runs at +2 is running within COSC timing specs. That's it in a nutshell, if you can't grasp that, I give up. At no point did Al mention that he tests his watches to COSC specs, various temps and all that stuff. Let me put it a different way, if the speed limit is 50 and you are doing 51, you are outside the speed limit. It's no different in what Al has been saying all along, if a watch is running at +2, that is within COSC timing specs, if it's running at +8 it's running outside COSC timing specs. THE WATCH HAS NOT BEEN ADJUSTED TO COSC SPECS!! IT JUST TIMES WITHIN COSC SPECS!!!! Please tell me this makes sense, Dimman.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts

I have serviced them and tweaked them to run to much tighter tolerances than brands have for their COSC watches.

·
Registered
12,721 Posts
Al, there's nothing to gain in replying at this point. There's only one person doing harm to their reputation.

That's a very good point. I think we all know of Al's reputation, it just takes one ignorant member to try and discredit him to insight a riot. I know of many members stateside that choose to send their watches to Al because they trust no one else. I think that says it all.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.