WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After buying and selling many, many watches, I've realized my absolute favourite types of watches. Anything within these categories, I will be super interested in:

1.) A thick round case, classically designed GMT world timer with an exibition caseback and onion crown and complicated looking dial

2.) Sunburst blue thin dressy sports watch with 18k white gold markers and hands and a pure, simple dial with symmetry

3.) Large diver watch with quick-adjust clasp, that's really hefty and heavy, with insane lume, and a hint of blue on the dial (which should otherwise be black)

4.) Thin, sunburst silver dress watch with simple and pure Bauhaus style symmetrical dial and exhibition caseback

My current collection:

Potential Collection.jpg

My grail collection:

Future Collection 2.jpg

How about everyone else?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well due to the fact that I had to sell my IWC Port Auto & Chrono a few years ago my collection currently only consists of a Tag Pro 1500. Hoping in the new 3-4 years the collection consists of...

Rolex Daytona
JLC MUT Moon White Gold
Vintage Patek in Yellow Gold

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have (fortunately) not found myself buying "grail substitutes". I don't flip watches, so any future additions will be just that, additions. Not replacements.

·
Registered
27,103 Posts
FWIW, I prefer the middle 2 in your current collection to their grail counterparts.
Agree, never understood the appeal of the nautilus other than it’s from a fancy brand, to me it’s just weird looking but oh well different strokes and all. I think a deepsea would be cool if my wrists were bigger, however at their current size I’d take the monster too

·
Registered
323 Posts
Also not a fan of the Patek. But the other ones are excellent. Pretty sure my grail collection consists of an Omega Moon Phase, Nardin Classic Sonata, Hamilton Intra-Matic 68, and a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well, I'm satisfied with the Current...but I'm working on the Grail.

It will be based on this Heirloom thats been in the Family since 1890....Simple but elegant.

RLC

Attachments

Reactions: tayyabpirzada

·
Registered
921 Posts
Like another poster, I’m also not big on grail substitutes. I have several grails that that I may buy as my income grows, but I don’t see myself buying similar placeholders in the meantime.

Your post is very specific in what you want. “Sunburst blue thin dressy sports watch with 18k white gold markers and hands”. I have a basic idea of whats missing from my collection, for example, a light dialed dress watch. From that point forward, I try to make it less logical and more about what pulls at my heart.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice work on the current collection... I like that you keep it small and focused with each piece complimenting one another. Wish I had the discipline to do that earlier on instead of impulse buying.

Reactions: tayyabpirzada

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
On today’s whim:

Current = Seiko SKX007, Rolex Explorer 214270, Omega Speedmaster FOIS

Grail collection: the FOIS, the Explorer, Zenith El Primero 38mm tri-colour, and a 14060m 4 liner (as a *gasp* investment).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is mine, I'd change the dress watch for a jlc and swap my complication watch for a als. If you need a new home for your monster I'll send you my address.
Nice!

And lol another Monster? I really think the Seiko Monster (Second Gen) is the greatest bang per buck dive watch ever made. Until I can afford a Deepsea Seadweller (or maybe a no-date ceramic sub), I'll be keeping the Sea Monster I own.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice work on the current collection... I like that you keep it small and focused with each piece complimenting one another. Wish I had the discipline to do that earlier on instead of impulse buying.
It's a thing all collectors go through. I used to own like 20 watches until I realized I barely wear any of them.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just added the Rolex BLNR to my collection. Along with my Omega PO and beaters I'm pretty satisfied....for now.
can we see a picture?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Like yourself, I have gone through many watches. My collection now consists of three pieces. A Rolex explorer 39mm for casual wear, a JLC reverso ultra thin rose gold for dressy situations, and a lip nautic as a beater.

·
Banned
3,438 Posts
My current and grail collections would follow basically the same format.
Bracelet - Omega AT -> Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39
Leather - Oak & Oscar Sandford -> Omega Speedmaster
Diver - Oris Divers 65 40mm -> Vintage Blancpain
Dress - Hamilton Intra-matic 38mm -> Jaeger Master Ultra Thin Date

IMG_1741 (Custom).JPG

grail.jpg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts