WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have time to do some shopping in Beijing this weekend. Does anyone know of some unique watches that I should be on the lookout for? What stores should I go to? Not looking for anything very expensive since I just ordered the Millionsmart 1801.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Hi,

Maybe you should visit Seagull's counter at 翠微大厦at Gongzhufen(公主坟)? But I am not sure if it is still there. Many foreign visitors would visit Panjiayuan, the biggest flea market at weekends for 'antiques'. Perhaps you could pick up a couple of vitage Chinese watches there.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Maybe you should visit Seagull's counter at 翠微大厦at Gongzhufen(公主坟)? But I am not sure if it is still there. Many foreign visitors would visit Panjiayuan, the biggest flea market at weekends for 'antiques'. Perhaps you could pick up a couple of vitage Chinese watches there.

Cheers
I'll have to figure out where that is. I usually go to Wangfujing or to the Hongqiao Market.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Panjiayuan is the only place i have found watches in BJ. If you are a military buff and like the HW, check out the Military Museum, not many foreigh tourist but great collection of cool stuff. It is right on top of the central Subway line with its own station.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Panjiayuan is the only place i have found watches in BJ. If you are a military buff and like the HW, check out the Military Museum, not many foreigh tourist but great collection of cool stuff. It is right on top of the central Subway line with its own station.
Looks like Panjiayuan, Honggiao, and Wangfujing are all in the same area. I might be able to hit all three.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for suggesting the Panjiayuan market. I only found a few stands selling watches, but the entire market was very interesting. If I ever want to open a Chinese buffet, I know where to get the decorations. :-d

I couldn't find any Sea-Gull watches, but I did find a few other Chinese brands. It seems that Tian Wang, Fiyta, and Rossini are very popular. I saw tourbillons by Rossini and Fiyta for around $10,000 each. I didn't end up buying anything. The interesting ones I found were around $500, and I think there are better options at that price.

I saw a lot of Swiss watch stores on Wangfujing Street. I want a Zenith so bad!

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Is this the place you are talking about? I'm going to Beijing again next week and want to try to find it.

Yes. But I haven't been there for a long time, so I am not sure if the Seagull counter is still there. Check those bigger department stores there. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes. But I haven't been there for a long time, so I am not sure if the Seagull counter is still there. Check those bigger department stores there. Good luck!
One of my co-workers went to Beijing recently. He said he saw a Sea-Gull store in a newer shopping area, so I think that is the one he went to.

I'm not sure if it's worth it to try to go to the store at the factory. If I buy anything, it will probably be in the $100-200 range.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was told that there is a Sea-Gull store in Beijing on Qianmen Street. I'll see if I can find it in the next couple of days.

I also found out that the train from Beijing to Tianjin is only $10, so I might make it to the factory after all. I'll have to see if it is still open on Saturdays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts