WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently in tokyo for the next week, Trying to find some G's that i can get only while i'm here, but it seems like i can get almost any watch online when i'm back home. Anyone know of any special or limited edition ones? or ones that are much cheaper here than online? thanks for the help guys

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
Lucky you, visiting Tokyo! Hope I can do that one day.

This post may not be very helpful to you. But the only Gs I can think of that you can't easily get online (at least without paying a fortune) are some of the more limited GWF-1000 Frogman models - like the 1000RD, the 1000BS, the 1000BP, & others including maybe some of the very limited titanium models like the GWF-T1030A-1. I have no idea what the availability of those might be in Japan, but certainly it's very hard to find them at any kind of reasonable prices outside of Japan...

Good luck!!

Reactions: stage12m

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
5500, the original Mudman! Must be cheaper there, since mostly are JDM.

Reactions: stage12m

·
Registered
868 Posts
Have you visited the Bic Camera store in Ikebukuro? Wonderful experience to immerse yourself in all the J-watches! I didn't see anything though, that I could not buy online for less. Was tempted just the same by how good this one looked irl:
75211_m.jpg (pic stolen from internet)

Also, some of teh Book-Off stores have used G-Shocks for sale. I saw a few non atomic Frogs for around 200,000 Yen. And not knowing how the eye counted, I thought they were fakes, Darn it! There were lots of them too. One of the Postal Employees a Tokyo station was wearing one, and it looked really good on her!

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
Currently in tokyo for the next week, Trying to find some G's that i can get only while i'm here, but it seems like i can get almost any watch online when i'm back home. Anyone know of any special or limited edition ones? or ones that are much cheaper here than online? thanks for the help guys
funny how the world wide web is actually world wide :p

youll have much better luck finding a current model on special or scouring the streets for some good second hand buys. i'll be doing exactly that when i head back over in a few months :)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
funny how the world wide web is actually world wide :p

youll have much better luck finding a current model on special or scouring the streets for some good second hand buys. i'll be doing exactly that when i head back over in a few months :)
Exactly this. You can buy most - if not all - JDM only for recent and still running models on the interwebs. Heck even the japan only collabs. If you're looking for something really obscure your best bet is not the big shops, but second hand ones. Maybe you can get lucky there.
Anyway, enjoy your trip and good luck with the hunt :)

I type butter on mah phon

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
little update, so far everything i've seen, i can get cheaper ordering online from the US. kinda disappointed but i do get to take a look at all of them in person, so thats a plus

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
There may be some flea markets held in various places around the city... I would visit those. You'll likely get some really good deals on G-Shocks. But... all depends upon what models you are looking for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts