WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just today received my custom strap from Kenny at Freda Watch Straps and couldn't be happier. I have been wanting a Teju strap for my Hamilton Jazzmaster for a while now, but as most of you know lizard straps (as well as some other exotics) tend to have taper and often a fairly large taper (4mm is not uncommon) and to make things difficult there's no taper on the recent production 20mm Hamilton Jazzmaster's. So you're left with the option to either settle for something you don't really want (like calf), use a different buckle, or get a custom/bespoke strap made to fit.

I placed my order a while ago (after looking, and balking at other folks pricing that neared the price of the watch) and after a short while was contacted by Kenny saying that the Teju was unavailable (no longer being imported into the US by at least one supplier) and asked if I would be willing to go with a different leather. I said that I was pretty well set on the Teju (nothing wrong with Java but the uneven look of Teju has always caught my fancy and looked more authentic/natural to me) and asked if it might be possible to find another supplier, to which he responded that he would try another supplier but there might be a longer wait. 4-6 weeks pass and today it arrived and looks just as I had hoped.

Thank you for the help, Kenny! It was well worth the wait.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts