WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ordered this awhile back after i originally bought the horween nato strap but it was too thick for my breitling so i sold it(spring pin spacing is too close to case) and this one finally arrives this week. All must feel the quality of a Horween shell cordovan.|>

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The back of the band is stamped Horween Shell Cordovan. I purchased it from a Alden shoe dealer. He gets it from the same guy who supplies Corvus. Also a Company called leffort has them on their website.

Sent from my Garminfone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David Woo said:
Nice, the shell cordovan is really nice stuff.
d
Wow. That's one great looking band.
Where did you get it from.

·
Registered
13,419 Posts
It was made by Attila Aszodi, a great strap: lots of similarities to your strap, especially the way the keepers on the bund pad are done. Attila has a model like it called the XL Bund with the extended keepers. I would not be surprised if he made them for Alden and Corvus and Leffot. Even ABP in Paris knocks off his straps.

The hides from Horween Leather Co. come with that Horween Shell Cordovan stamp on them, so some straps have the stamp and some do not. The hide is relatively small.
Attila Aszodi Custom Designs
Horween Leather
DW

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David Woo said:
It was made by Attila Aszodi, a great strap: lots of similarities to your strap, especially the way the keepers on the bund pad are done. Attila has a model like it called the XL Bund with the extended keepers. I would not be surprised if he made them for Alden and Corvus and Leffort. Even ABP in Paris knocks off his straps.

The hides from Horween Leather Co. come with that Horween Shell Cordovan stamp on them, so some straps have the stamp and some do not. The hide is relatively small.
Attila Aszodi Custom Designs
Horween Leather
DW
I'm well aware of Attila Aszodi he does make some serious straps. There's a bund strap on his site with a gold rolex. That is one of the sweetest setup I have seen.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
dave i tried to pm, you but had error. David, the band arrived today and feels a tad bit snug, did yours break in nicely after awhile? i know with leather theres usually a break in period.

·
Registered
13,419 Posts
That is to be expected in the case of the single-hole custom sized strap, most strap makers will punch the hole a bit snug since they know that the leather will stretch as it is subjected to the daily act of being fastened to the wrist.
DW

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
David Woo said:
That is to be expected in the case of the single-hole custom sized strap, most strap makers will punch the hole a bit snug since they know that the leather will stretch as it is subjected to the daily act of being fastened to the wrist.
DW
Thanks, the leather quality is excellent and feels amazing. The band came with a polished buckle. I will be picking up a brushed finish type tomorrow to match the titanium finish of case.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
it is SOFT ??!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
After almost one day its feeling better and the smell is great.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Incredibly soft and supple, shell cordovan is the best.
DW
Great.! :-!
makes me seriously think about it Now.
thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
T

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here she is. Some picture of the band.. I swapped out a polished buckle that came with it and slapped on a panatime spartan buckle..
band is a bit snug on the third hole,, but should loose up.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
oysterman said:
The strap was NOT made by Atila, but by Gabarrostraps.
Gabarrostraps is the official and original Horween strap maker and they only wholesale.

here is a link to the horween website about gabarro shell straps

Upgrade: Gabarro Straps | Horween Leather Co.
I didn't say my strap was made by Attila , Dave strap. Was made by Attila.
I bought this.particular one from a Alden shoe dealer that gets it from a horween leather supplier not gabarro. Now you have me thinking about it I will ask the shoe dealer the guys name , maybe it is Nick

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oyster you were correct, I spoke with my dealer today about getting a new strap and i asked him
he said Nick Gabarro is his supplier of watch straps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts