WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a custom nylon watch made. A few years back I purchased the lagest band that Eagle Industries produced, while it was a very secure and protective band for my work watch it was on the small side and I wound up having to go back to a standard divers (NATOish) band rather then the full wrap nylon.

I have two problems with this strap:

1. The main velcro attachment point is dead center on the bottom side of your wrist. This makes for an uncomfortable pressure point when having to do any work on a laptop (which is about 50% of my work), not only cutting off circulation but causing pain after enough time.
  2. The strapping system needed some more thought for ease of use and adjustability.
Now, what I'm looking for is instead of a strap that is split in half and connectes to the ends, looking more for a continuous strap that will have a full wrap around your wrist as well as the flap to cover the watch face. The flap, in my case, is only to protect it from damage as my wrist tends to come in contact with various supports and beams while crawling on pipe o|

I can sketch up and provide dimmensions of exactly what I'm talking about if anyone is interesed or knows someone that can sew the watchband for me.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Have a look at gasgasbones.com. Carl does great work with nato & nylon style straps.

His site is under construction at present, but do a google search & other things will open up that will enable you to view his work...;-)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Carl's new site is up and running. He just custom made me a speedy V-3, sent me a picture for my approval before I paid for it. It's exactly what I wanted. Give him a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts