WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1981 - 1998 of 1998 Posts

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
Yes, the GW-5000 Titanium camo set from G-Refit.

Perfect fit. Only problem I experienced is a couple of the bezel side screws stripping and not being able to get them back out. It’s ok. I don’t plan on changing the bezel anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,982 ·
@Fullers1845 Looks great. Part of me wishes I went with titanium camo for my GW5000 mod too. I would avoid using the provided bezel screws on a steel case, I am quite certain they are designed for the resin case and will damage the threads in the GW5000.

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
@Fullers1845 Looks great. Part of me wishes I went with titanium camo for my GW5000 mod too. I would avoid using the provided bezel screws on a steel case, I am quite certain they are designed for the resin case and will damage the threads in the GW5000.
Can't put the toothpaste back into that tube!

The hydromod using Fluorinert does enhance display sharpness.

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
@Fuller1845, looks good. What’s with the battery? In one photo it’s “H,” in the other it’s “CHG” on January 1.
The "CHG/1.1" photo is when the module reset itself after I initially did the hydromod.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,994 ·
@zack20cb That looks great! I haven't put black resin on the 5035E for an extended period of time.
When the DW5035 came out I perseverated on which to get, eventually going with the glacier gold because I wanted the mirror LCD with inverted backlight -- which previously was only available on the 5025 ocean grey iirc. They ended up putting the mirror w/inverted BL positive displays on a number of other DW5600 models since, but they aren't nearly as nice as the ones on the anniversary editions. The ones on my DW5600LS don't have the level of contrast as the 5035E, although they are similar (I'm not sure about the DWA5600MW-7).

I also went with the 5035E because of the gold dial, I wanted a full gold square with no black. Maybe you've seen my mod w/aftermarket gold steel. I've been happy with it, but in the back of my head I always wanted the DW5035D and somewhat regretted not going with it to begin with -- the grass is always greener syndrome. I ordered a DW5035D just the other week which I saw one for a reasonable price on ebay.

1981 - 1998 of 1998 Posts