WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
2101 - 2120 of 2134 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Guys I could use some help/advise.

I’m building a black-on-black mod and the only part I can‘t find is a black DLC buckle for the GW5000 strap. I have one for those wide modern style straps but I need a smaller one.

Perhaps a buckle from a Casioak strap fits?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Watch Rectangle Clock Gadget Watch accessory
Watch White Light Natural material Material property

Sometimes this watch hobby devolves into finding new and more expensive ways to be dissatisfied. That pretty well sums up my quest for the ultimate square. Which I have nearly achieved. Nearly.
Having played with titanium squares both factory and homebuilt, I sought the ultimate in toughness and light weight, with particular aesthetics. The starting point was a stainless steel GMW-B5000 which I never wore because; A: too shiny and B: far too heavy at 150 grams. But if everything possible was replaced with titanium...
The goal was 100 gr. Fortunately, the titanium caseback screwed right into the steel case. Unfortunately, it cost $160. And only saved seven grams at 9.42 gr. (9.38 gr. without the protective sticker btw.) Likewise, the SS bezel is only a tad over seven grams weightier than the ti. The real heft is in the SS bracelet - 75 gr!
I knew the ti would be a real saving, but I wanted more - well, less, actually. Inspiration came from my TVA with its laser-drilled holes. I fired up my trusty industrial laser, um, my slightly rusty benchtop drill press. All that drilling and dimpling saved slightly less than 2 gr. Still oddly satisfying.
The clasp doesn't match because the raw ti kit comes with a grossly overweight SS clasp - 4.66 gr. over. Fetid dingoes kidneys! A different company does do a real ti clasp. Sadly, they don't cater to the GMW-B5000, nor do they offer a raw finish. Happily, the clasps are perfectly interchangeable. If anyone knows a chemical way to strip off that black finish, I'll be grateful.
Bottom line - 101.94 grams. Less than 10 gr. more than my camo ti square, albeit 20 gr. over my lightest resin conversion. A comforting presence on the wrist rather than an uncomfortable burden. Goal so nearly achieved. Though if I could just find a ti case...

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Guys I could use some help/advise.

I’m building a black-on-black mod and the only part I can‘t find is a black DLC buckle for the GW5000 strap. I have one for those wide modern style straps but I need a smaller one.

Perhaps a buckle from a Casioak strap fits?
I think you are looking for DLC buckle from gw-5000b 😁

·
Registered
41 Posts
Made this as a secret Santa gift:
Box: DW-5025
Module: DW-5025 (for amber LCD)
Housing & back: GWX-5600 (lighter than screwback)
Bezel: blacked out GWX-5600-1JF (for glossy look)
Crystal: gold sapphire from AliExpress
Bracelet: Combi v1 from AliExpress

The result is a super light, glossy black and amber G-shock!

Rectangle Font Electronic device Electric blue Gadget

Watch Water Clock Analog watch Rectangle

·
Registered
Affordables
7,303 Posts
Hello

Looking to get a grid metal bracelet but cant seem to find one on Ali Express

Anyone ever bought one? Anyone have one they are willing to let go?

Need it for the 5600 series
I'm selling mine:

·
Registered
2,751 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Came to the realization that I never posted this here.. it started its life as a dw5600bb that I really loved and wore everyday. Also when working on cars or while welding and cutting steel.. it held up great in those conditions but after seeing a gmwb at a local store I decided to modify it.
Now it's more my watch that I like to wear when I want some bling and don't veel like wearing my modified seiko skx007
Still love this thing.

Watch Hand Analog watch Gesture Finger

Watch Hand Arm Gesture Analog watch

Watch Hand Analog watch Finger Gadget

One of the pics shows how beat up de crystal is. I actually like it, as if it looks back on life of hard work haha.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm not too knowledgeable on G-Shock... What is the bracelet? I have that All-metal G-Shock with a resin strap, I'd be interested in switching it to a bracelet. Can you help me understand which parts I need? Thx
Definitely. These are parts from the GMW-B5000TFC-1, which was a super limited run from the 35th anniversary squares. Thankfully you can still buy the bezel and strap for it.

These will be compatible with any GMW-B5000 metal square, so it sounds like yours will fit.

You will want the bezel as well, as the DLC has a more greyish / gunmetal finish than the normal black metal bezel.

2101 - 2120 of 2134 Posts