WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1561 - 1580 of 1666 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a question: what material and process did you use to cover the little square between 2 links on the left square combi bracelet?
Thanks!
Search “vinyl” within this thread and it should take you to where someone talked about this. I remember reading it a long time ago when scouring the whole thread.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Is that a custom backlight as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, it’s the original, probably is the ambient light that have created this effect.

Sent from my washing machine using Eudora.

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please excuse my feet, I didn’t notice they were chillin out in my photos.

Deployant clasp on my GW-S5600. My 6” wrists and protruding ulna love clasps because they aid in keeping the watch centered and reduce irritation. Cheapie clasp for now, will upgrade later. This is a game changer as I was in between hole sizes but now it’s absolutely spot on!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Custom Squares: Q&A, show em here, fuel addiction

^Awesome. Never seen a deployant clasp on a G. Got a link?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/153892307626

If the link doesn’t work then just go to the Bay of E and search for butterfly deployant clasp.

18mm clasp. It’s a slight tight fit but it does fit. Ever so slightly compresses the strap. Maybe a 19mm would work better if you can find one. This is just a 5 dollar China clasp that a US reseller has stocked. If you wanna save 3 bucks and get it from AliX then you can but then it’ll take forever.

Cheers!

EDIT: the link says push button clasp but this is just clicking into place with friction. I’d say a push button clasp would be an upgrade to prevent unclasping.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I just received the AliExpress Tron kit for my DW-5600BB. Watch + bezel/bracelet cost me 115 Euros Vs. 715 Euros for the GMW-B5000CS on eBay (1099 Euro/Usd MSRP).

Of course you're nowhere near the functions on this module, but if you just want the look the quality is quite good heavy black PVD coated stainless steel with shiny petroleum glares between the links. Flawless white grid pattern and writings (drilled on the bezel, applied on the bracelet). Bezel has matching black screws and it is perfectly fitting. The links use small springbars so fitting the bracelet is a breathe + the clasp has 4 micro adjustments and the bracelet uses quick release pin springbars at the lugs.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Opinions needed.

I could get a good deal on GW-B5600GZ-1ER for 93USD. I am thinking about buying it and using it to mod my GW-B5600AR. I would use a black buckle, bezel and module from gorillaz model and put in my GW-B5600AR. The buckle from gorillaz model is black, that would go nice with everything. The gorillaz bezel is black with grey "protection" and "gshock" signs, that would go well with the silver/grey solar panel on GW-B5600AR. But of course mainly the module for better legibility.

What do you think guys? GW-B5600AR with positive display, yes or no? Thank you for your opinions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just received the AliExpress Tron kit for my DW-5600BB. Watch + bezel/bracelet cost me 115 Euros Vs. 715 Euros for the GMW-B5000CS on eBay (1099 Euro/Usd MSRP).

Of course you're nowhere near the functions on this module, but if you just want the look the quality is quite good heavy black PVD coated stainless steel with shiny petroleum glares between the links. Flawless white grid pattern and writings (drilled on the bezel, applied on the bracelet). Bezel has matching black screws and it is perfectly fitting. The links use small springbars so fitting the bracelet is a breathe + the clasp has 4 micro adjustments and the bracelet uses quick release pin springbars at the lugs.
I wonder if someone can create a clear film for the glass but with the grid printed on...?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,576
Opinions needed.

I could get a good deal on GW-B5600GZ-1ER for 93USD. I am thinking about buying it and using it to mod my GW-B5600AR. I would use a black buckle, bezel and module from gorillaz model and put in my GW-B5600AR. The buckle from gorillaz model is black, that would go nice with everything. The gorillaz bezel is black with grey "protection" and "gshock" signs, that would go well with the silver/grey solar panel on GW-B5600AR. But of course mainly the module for better legibility.

What do you think guys? GW-B5600AR with positive display, yes or no? Thank you for your opinions.
Does the RED LCD on the AR bother you too much? That's a lot of leftover unused parts from the sounds of it.
Personally the draw of the GZ is the blue/pink dial and band, along with the positive LCD (though it has a graphic on the light which might be a negative for some folk).

My opinion is that if you are using 2 watches to make 1... you better be damned well sure that it's a winner (which you don't sound convinced of). It's only a matter of time before they release a more neutral looking positive LCD B5600 (one would imagine).

Still though under $100 for the GZ is still a great deal, but only to use the module with the NOW backlight graphic... that $100 might be better saved for something else.

·
Registered
12,674 Posts
Are all the Alix Titanium Camo Bezel/Bracelet sets created equal? Is one seller better than another? Please post or PM me your opinions. Asking for my GW-5000. Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Does the RED LCD on the AR bother you too much? That's a lot of leftover unused parts from the sounds of it.
Personally the draw of the GZ is the blue/pink dial and band, along with the positive LCD (though it has a graphic on the light which might be a negative for some folk).

My opinion is that if you are using 2 watches to make 1... you better be damned well sure that it's a winner (which you don't sound convinced of). It's only a matter of time before they release a more neutral looking positive LCD B5600 (one would imagine).

Still though under $100 for the GZ is still a great deal, but only to use the module with the NOW backlight graphic... that $100 might be better saved for something else.
That's a very good point. I won't pull the trigger yet and see if this idea will seem okay in the weeks coming.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,579 (Edited)
Are all the Alix Titanium Camo Bezel/Bracelet sets created equal? Is one seller better than another? Please post or PM me your opinions. Asking for my GW-5000. Thanks!
I'm sorry if I'm a broken record on the subject and I can't speak on the titanium, but I could not for the life of me fit the stainless steel band on my GW5000 or DW5035 using the quick release spring bars. I know some have been able to do it, (I did manage on 1 lug, but it bent the springbar pin). I had to use combi-band's springbars.

One interesting thing after my endless research, G-refit now sells a 4th generation stainless steel band that show some changes which I suspect remedies the problem I encountered. You might want to message G-refit and ask if their titanium for 5000/5035 are 3rd of 4th gen.

Here's a pic on my DW5035 clearly showing why the band wasn't fitting, and also the new gen SS by G-refit which shows a newly designed band (notice the curve rather than straight part where it's fitted).

DW5035 stainless band problem.jpg

G-refit.jpeg

1561 - 1580 of 1666 Posts