WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1581 - 1600 of 1666 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are all the Alix Titanium Camo Bezel/Bracelet sets created equal? Is one seller better than another? Please post or PM me your opinions. Asking for my GW-5000. Thanks!
I was messaging Sikai Official Store on AliX regarding their gold bracelet and bezel kits. The guy told me that it’s DLC Coated but I highly doubt that is the truth.

I messaged MFG with the same question and the guy told me it’s ion plated. And I feel like most of those vendors get the kits from the same supplier, besides G refit which has a different end link design than the others, as Chempop showed above.

Just a warning about Sikai. Their titanium kits are about $30 cheaper than everyone else’s but the fact that he most likely lied about the gold kits being DLC makes me avoid business with him. Just some caution... I always look at the review/rating photos people post, which helps to show quality/consistency. Good luck and please post when you mod!

Also, I ordered something with the premium shipping option ($20) and it came to the US in 9 days. Pretty swift.

·
Registered
419 Posts
GWB5600AR with a stainless steel AliExpress camo case/bracelet. The quality is pretty good but not perfect. My biggest gripe is that the camo pattern doesn’t line up perfectly with the parts, there are some links on the bracelet where the pattern is slightly offset from the part (probably about 1mm off one way or the other) but for the price, I’m satisfied. Paid extra for the expresss shipping option and it showed up in about a week.
D830DD48-F3B5-4274-8E01-C428F4F23F37.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
New g-shock owner, i spired by this thread haha and decided to post

I really liked my g-5600 positive display, but wanted bluetooth and atomic time

So i got these parts together:

Module & screen: GW-B5600BC-1
Pos display, but ugly yellow Dial

Glass & Dial: GW-B5600HR-1
For that classic "M5610-ish look"

Bezel & strap: DW-5600BBM-2
For IMO the best navy set Gshock has

And this has been on my wrist ever since:

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
New g-shock owner, i spired by this thread haha and decided to post

I really liked my g-5600 positive display, but wanted bluetooth and atomic time

So i got these parts together:

Module & screen: GW-B5600BC-1
Pos display, but ugly yellow Dial

Glass & Dial: GW-B5600HR-1
For that classic "M5610-ish look"

Bezel & strap: DW-5600BBM-2
For IMO the best navy set Gshock has

And this has been on my wrist ever since:
Pictures please

·
Registered
369 Posts
I’m not trying to break the rules so admins remove this if this isn’t allowed but if these bull bars are made in Japan would they be authentic Casio products?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,586
That's a lot of bullbars, you buying them all? :-d

Here is a teaser pic of a mod I should complete today if the mail ever arrives.
Any guesses what it's going on?

5600 teal bezel.jpg

·
Registered
205 Posts
I’m not trying to break the rules so admins remove this if this isn’t allowed but if these bull bars are made in Japan would they be authentic Casio products?

My gut reaction is that they are not. The wording is very careful to not say they're Casio products, but are for Casio products which tells me they're not. That's not to say it's a bad deal, just not likely genuine Casio.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,588
5600TB-6 purple band.jpg

50034278741_6279b6c8a1.jpg

Was holding out to post my GW-B5600BL until the TEAL and PURPLE resin arrived (DW5600TB-6.. yikes on those resale prices btw).

Had wanted a purple LCD for years, almost went for the "purple-rain" mudman a few times, but this came along and what better excuse to try out the new square module!

After seeing pics of the B5600BL with "rainbow/poison" stainless steel, I figured that's how I'd mod mine.. even made a pic to show off the vaporwave style of the combo:

50034562067_6ab1bc12b7.jpg

...but I decided I'd had enough of the stainless bracelets (for now), <insert broken record sound> after my struggles with those quick release springbars...

Then got very inspired from this YT vid and decided to go for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wulP87sx4E

What a wild looking square, thrilled with the outcome and finally put my mind at ease how I feel about the new module (it's great)! This is certainly my most fun square in the collection :)

50034385571_6c56f9746d.jpg

50033845378_4283b33cfe.jpg

·
Registered
369 Posts
Custom Squares: Q&amp;A, show em here, fuel addiction

That's a lot of bullbars, you buying them all? :-d

Here is a teaser pic of a mod I should complete today if the mail ever arrives.
Any guesses what it's going on?

View attachment 15235821
Hahah that price would be a dream come true if I had 50+ G’s. I only have 5 and the only one I can fit a bullbar is the gw5000. I was looking to mod my gw5000 with a nice authentic bullbar as I heard the authentic ones made by Casio are hard to find.

The teal grx5600? Looks pretty close to it.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My gut reaction is that they are not. The wording is very careful to not say they're Casio products, but are for Casio products which tells me they're not. That's not to say it's a bad deal, just not likely genuine Casio.
Got it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
View attachment 15235953

View attachment 15235955

Was holding out to post my GW-B5600BL until the TEAL and PURPLE resin arrived (DW5600TB-6.. yikes on those resale prices btw).

Had wanted a purple LCD for years, almost went for the "purple-rain" mudman a few times, but this came along and what better excuse to try out the new square module!

After seeing pics of the B5600BL with "rainbow/poison" stainless steel, I figured that's how I'd mod mine.. even made a pic to show off the vaporwave style of the combo:

View attachment 15235971

...but I decided I'd had enough of the stainless bracelets (for now), <insert broken record sound> after my struggles with those quick release springbars...

Then got very inspired from this YT vid and decided to go for it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wulP87sx4E

What a wild looking square, thrilled with the outcome and finally put my mind at ease how I feel about the new module (it's great)! This is certainly my most fun square in the collection :)

View attachment 15236035

View attachment 15236039
Congrats, I can feel the 90's vibes

·
Registered
12,674 Posts
I'm sorry if I'm a broken record on the subject and I can't speak on the titanium, but I could not for the life of me fit the stainless steel band on my GW5000 or DW5035 using the quick release spring bars. I know some have been able to do it, (I did manage on 1 lug, but it bent the springbar pin). I had to use combi-band's springbars.

One interesting thing after my endless research, G-refit now sells a 4th generation stainless steel band that show some changes which I suspect remedies the problem I encountered. You might want to message G-refit and ask if their titanium for 5000/5035 are 3rd of 4th gen.

Here's a pic on my DW5035 clearly showing why the band wasn't fitting, and also the new gen SS by G-refit which shows a newly designed band (notice the curve rather than straight part where it's fitted).

View attachment 15233129

View attachment 15233131
Update: Alix seller G-Refit messaged me back confirming that their "5000mm" Titanium bezel/bracelet will fit the GW-5000. Now waiting to hear if they can still ship to the US during COVID-19.

Also, for the record of this thread, Alix sellers MFG and SGT both replied that their Titanium bezels/bracelets *will not* fit the GW-5000.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,593
Update: Alix seller G-Refit messaged me back confirming that their "5000mm" Titanium bezel/bracelet will fit the GW-5000. Now waiting to hear if they can still ship to the US during COVID-19.

Also, for the record of this thread, Alix sellers MFG and SGT both replied that their Titanium bezels/bracelets *will not* fit the GW-5000.
Extremely useful info to those interested! Puts to rest a lot of my suspicians on the 3rd gen sets, thank you for taking the extra step and contacting all three sellers.

·
Registered
12,674 Posts
Extremely useful info to those interested! Puts to rest a lot of my suspicians on the 3rd gen sets, thank you for taking the extra step and contacting all three sellers.
Heard back that they are shipping to the US, so I just placed my order for a Camo Titanium bezel and bracelet from G-Refit. Now the waiting begins... Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,595
Another update on the stainless bracelet fitting fiasco with the 3rd gen sets.
The seller I purchased from 5600watch-modify has now changed their description on compatibility.
After my back and forth with them (they were extremely professional btw), they said they would contact their manufacturer, my guess is that they got official word and updated their info accordingly.

In hindsight, I probably should have asked for a refund, but I'd already put far too much energy into the whole situation, and I made the sets I purchased work for me the best I could. I'm glad future shoppers won't have to struggle and can make a better informed purchase.

There auctions have been updated with this:

Note: DW-5600SL,DW5600C-1,GM-5600,G5600RB,GW-5600J,GW/DW5030/5035,DW5025,DW/GW5000 our watch set can Not FIT these watch model.
More information, please contract us. Thank you.
CASE CLOSED

[EDIT]

Looks like they got a negative feedback from the same problem I had, this buying was not so forgiving like I was, maybe this also urged them to amend their description.

Spring pin holes don’t line up, can’t use. Waste of $62. Disappointing product.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Anyone know the best way to create the effect that’s one the lettering of the GMWB5000 bezel(left) onto the gw5000 metal bezel (right). I’ve seen other people on this sub do it but I never bothered with saving the method or thread because I never thought I would do that mod. Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,597
I believe modeling paint, and wipe off the excess while it's still wet. Probably takes some practice.

Btw, did you the use the quick release or your combi-band springbars to fit your stainless bracelet on your GW5000?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mhmm. I don’t want to discuss the process because we’re not supposed to “discuss aftermarket parts” I’ll pm you if you want. Hmmm...modeling paint does seem like a good idea. With everything going on it does seem like a good idea to fine tune my modding skills. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
12,674 Posts

Update 2: Heard back from sikai2017 (I'm guessing they are the same as sikai on Alix?) about their eBay listing for these after sending them a pic of my GW-5000 case back:

"Have a nice day.
When you order,you can chose 5600 strap and bezel.
They will fit your watch very well."

1581 - 1600 of 1666 Posts