WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1601 - 1620 of 1666 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Trying to mod my gw5000 to be a self made gw5000b. Turning the positive display negative is out of the question so I'd like to know squares who have modules that are compatible with the gw5000. Price really isn't an issue. Thank you and stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,602
Trying to mod my gw5000 to be a self made gw5000b. Turning the positive display negative is out of the question so I'd like to know squares who have modules that are compatible with the gw5000. Price really isn't an issue. Thank you and stay safe.

I'd imagine any negative 5610 would work, I used the GW-M5610BC (w/combi-bracelet), you'll have to swap the piezo alarm spring if you plan on puting the GW5000's positive module in the 5610 because the cushion is different between resin case 5610 and GW5000. Definitely nice to have a combi-bracelet too if you don't already have one.

49848821206_cba08ef37b.jpg

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'd imagine any negative 5610 would work, I used the GW-M5610BC (w/combi-bracelet), you'll have to swap the piezo alarm spring if you plan on puting the GW5000's positive module in the 5610 because the cushion is different between resin case 5610 and GW5000. Definitely nice to have a combi-bracelet too if you don't already have one.

View attachment 15243393
Gotcha. Thanks man. Im trying to source a module as we speak right now but it seems prices have increased. I used to source gwm's for 60 and not even used ones go for 80$. When you talk about the spring swap is it just just the springs or the cushions as well too because in your pic there seems to be two spring holes on the gwm5610 cushion while gw5000 cushion has 1 spring holes.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,604
The 5000's hard plastic cushion has a smaller hole so you'll need to use the spring from the 5000's module.
You could use the 5610's cushion in the 5000, but not visa-versa.
The 2nd hole is in the 5610 is for RC or something, there is only 1 spring.

Is that clear?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

Not sure I understand why turning the positive display into negative won't work. You can just switch the alignment of the top polarizer and that should turn the display negative. The downside of doing this is that you'll lose the box that circles the date.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well there's two reasons.

1) I want to save the module as the gw5000 is my daily beater. Saving the module just in case in the future I decide to swap out bands and bezels that look good with a positive display.

2) I haven't had a good experience with making a negative display by myself. I broke all three watches ive tried it on and don't want to risk it with such an expensive watch such as the gw5k.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Not sure I understand why turning the positive display into negative won't work. You can just switch the alignment of the top polarizer and that should turn the display negative. The downside of doing this is that you'll lose the box that circles the date.
Well there's two reasons.

1) I want to save the module as the gw5000 is my daily beater. Saving the module just in case in the future I decide to swap out bands and bezels that look good with a positive display.

2) I haven't had a good experience with making a negative display by myself. I broke all three watches ive tried it on and don't want to risk it with such an expensive watch such as the gw5k.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The 5000's hard plastic cushion has a smaller hole so you'll need to use the spring from the 5000's module.
You could use the 5610's cushion in the 5000, but not visa-versa.
The 2nd hole is in the 5610 is for RC or something, there is only 1 spring.

Is that clear?
Crystal. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Finally got this together!

Swapped the bezel and bracelet on my GMW-B5000D-1ER for a Gen Casio DLC bezel from the TCF-1 and strap from the B5000-1ER.

Question now is - do I get the DLC bracelet too

I take it that was a rhetorical question Scott.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a negative display GW-B5600 (Module 3461) and just ordered a positive display GMW-B5000 (Module 3459). Does anyone know if you I can do a straight swap of these modules? The function the same apart from just the STN display on the 3461. I made a little G-Shock equation to show you what i mean...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have a negative display GW-B5600 (Module 3461) and just ordered a positive display GMW-B5000 (Module 3459). Does anyone know if you I can do a straight swap of these modules? The function the same apart from just the STN display on the 3461. I made a little G-Shock equation to show you what i mean... View attachment 15326779
You could do what I did and buy a negative display gmwb5000, keep the module, sell the hardware, and buy the new desired hardware off eBay or pacparts.

1601 - 1620 of 1666 Posts