WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1801 - 1820 of 1846 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone - my first post here :D

What do you think about my GW-M5610NV-2JF mod? Black metal bracelet and bezel and letters painted with yellow nail polish. The display is negativ with red digis - pretty cool but a little hard to read in low light!

I'm thinking about luming the letters - I found this product: Pineapple Yellow Glow in the Dark Powder - anyone have experience with that or just luming things in general?

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts

What do you think about my GW-M5610NV-2JF mod? Black metal bracelet and bezel and letters painted with yellow nail polish. The display is negativ with red digis - pretty cool but a little hard to read in low light!

I'm thinking about luming the letters - I found this product: Pineapple Yellow Glow in the Dark Powder - anyone have experience with that or just luming things in general?

View attachment 15470029

View attachment 15470031
I think it looks great (y)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,803
Welcome @squareDK, very nice 5610 you got there. I can't help too much about luming the LCD, but I am under the impression that phosphorescent powders are for adding to liquid or other mediums to give them glow-in-the-dark (GID) properties. I think most people who lume the LCD on squares use very thin GID tape, but I'm not certain exactly between which parts of the LCD they apply it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome @squareDK, very nice 5610 you got there. I can't help too much about luming the LCD, but I am under the impression that phosphorescent powders are for adding to liquid or other mediums to give them glow-in-the-dark (GID) properties. I think most people who lume the LCD on squares use very thin GID tape, but I'm not certain exactly between which parts of the LCD they apply it.
I was not clear enough - I was talking about luming the letters on the case :D I have seen some examples of where they have used tape on the display - looks so cool but too risky for me ;-)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just acquired an old DW5600E (1545 module) without a bezel. Where do you source the bezels in colors and are they all pretty much a similar fit? Amazon had different models for some of the bezels, not just the E. And some comments on the fit. I ordered a basic black but the colors might be a good diversion.

·
Registered
Custom DW5600E
843 Posts

View attachment 15470029

View attachment 15470031
I've lumed the bezel words on my G300 to decent results, mixed glow powder with an acrylic binder. Not a square obviously, but here's a pic.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does anyone have been able to check if it was possible to put the GMW-B5000 crystal in any of resin cases available ?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,814
FINALLY some parts arrived from pacparts, order placed on 7/29.. so it took a little longer than expected.

Haven't completely decided what to do with them, but I have some good ideas. :D

@zveroboy That older bluetooth model looks incredible. Don't see those often. I assume the latest app isn't compatible with that module anymore, does casio still support the older app that it uses?

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
IMG_20201025_170653.jpg

Was just curious how both my 5610's would look the other way round so swapped modules and bezels and have to say I really like them more now this way so that's how I will keep them. I do remember @kenls doing this a year or 2 back but was not too sure until seeing them in the flesh so to speak

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
1801 - 1820 of 1846 Posts