WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1821 - 1840 of 1846 Posts

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
^Thanks, Brother! I am waiting on the camo bracelet to arrive and decided to try the Combi. Not bad, IMO.

Reactions: jzoo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi folks - firstly, this community has been super helpful and inspiring as I've started learning about squares and modding them - so thanks!

Here's my first - nothing special but I liked the clean look when I saw a version of this somewhere in the thread (apologies - can't remember who'd done it).

DW-5600MW with bezel and strap from the 5600BB series.
IMG_2027.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts
Hi folks - firstly, this community has been super helpful and inspiring as I've started learning about squares and modding them - so thanks!

Here's my first - nothing special but I liked the clean look when I saw a version of this somewhere in the thread (apologies - can't remember who'd done it).

DW-5600MW with bezel and strap from the 5600BB series.
View attachment 15544218
Very nice clean look (y) :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
to those guys who dressed the dw-5600e in the after maket metal camo,
I suggest that you break that stock glass and replace it with the dw-5600bb's glass
that mod is easy, but
it would make your square look more expensive and comparable with the camo set
I just don't know if pacpart still sell the glass

·
Registered
199 Posts
I suggest that you break that stock glass and replace it with the dw-5600bb's glass
that mod is easy, but
It's funny you should say that, I bought a handful of aftermarket metal kits and after a few months of seeing how close I could get a cheap watch to look like the expensive ones, I went the opposite way completely, I now have a Titanium camo set which is in a drawer with no watch on it, and 6 watches modified just to look unique, and I like them more for it now they don't look like copies

·
Registered
128 Posts
that mod is easy, but
I've been trying the metal camo set on the all black dw5600hr and the dw5600e-1 positive display also (see my post above the gwb5600dc mod). Not looking to get closer to the original and to be honest, i think that no watch with negative display looking as good on the metal camo like it looks with a positive one. Especially the all black version which I'm really liking a lot, with the metal camo looks like a small TV on my wrist. Strange to say,but I'm in love how it looks on the simple dw5600e-1 which costs less than the bezel/strap itself. I have made the decision to keep that mod forever.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I did not suggest anything but the glass, and the GLASS entirely alone, since the original glass of the dw-5600 has too much colorful letters on it
it takes away the focus of both the positive display or the camo strap + bezel
the glass alone doesn't cost much and it would look much cooler
or you can try to remove those letters from the stock glass
just an suggestion from my view

·
Registered
199 Posts
I did not suggest anything but the glass, and the GLASS entirely alone, since the original glass of the dw-5600 has too much colorful letters on it
it takes away the focus of both the positive display or the camo strap + bezel
the glass alone doesn't cost much and it would look much cooler
or you can try to remove those letters from the stock glass
just an suggestion from my view
I wasn't criticising your suggestion, hope you didn't get me wrong, I was just saying the route I ended up going down after first trying some things (y)

·
Registered
Custom DW5600E
843 Posts
that mod is easy, but
Pacparts is not selling crystals anymore. Casio nixed that and many other parts a little while back. Thankfully I managed to get that 5600BB glass before it was over.

1821 - 1840 of 1846 Posts