WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1841 - 1860 of 1904 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi folks. I have to show you a very simple DW5600HR-1A mod. Have replaced the original bezel (with the stealth letters) with a normal gw5600e one, and the original strap with a Casio AE2000W one . That not makes a huge difference from the original dw5600hr-1a. Its only few minor details that gives to the watch a more roughed look and an old school G-shock DNA. At least in my own eyes. I was not expecting that the strap is completely compatible with the square,it's more soft and comfortable, and looks like it comes on the square straight from the factory.

·
Registered
Custom DW5600E
922 Posts
Hi folks. I have to show you a very simple DW5600HR-1A mod. Have replaced the original bezel (with the stealth letters) with a normal gw5600e one, and the original strap with a Casio AE2000W one . That not makes a huge difference from the original dw5600hr-1a. Its only few minor details that gives to the watch a more roughed look and an old school G-shock DNA. At least in my own eyes. I was not expecting that the strap is completely compatible with the square,it's more soft and comfortable, and looks like it comes on the square straight from the factory. View attachment 15576394 View attachment 15576395 View attachment 15576396
Nice work, is the buckle metal or plastic?

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Hi folks. I have to show you a very simple DW5600HR-1A mod. Have replaced the original bezel (with the stealth letters) with a normal gw5600e one, and the original strap with a Casio AE2000W one . That not makes a huge difference from the original dw5600hr-1a. Its only few minor details that gives to the watch a more roughed look and an old school G-shock DNA. At least in my own eyes. I was not expecting that the strap is completely compatible with the square,it's more soft and comfortable, and looks like it comes on the square straight from the factory. View attachment 15576394 View attachment 15576395 View attachment 15576396
Have to say the bezel looks a whole lot better suited to the watch and maybe something I might try on mine, the strap on mine I changed to the one off a GW5000 and it's so much better than the 2 coloured one as I never liked how stiff it was.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have to say the bezel looks a whole lot better suited to the watch and maybe something I might try on mine, the strap on mine I changed to the one off a GW5000 and it's so much better than the 2 coloured one as I never liked how stiff it was.
Exactly. Never used my black-red one. Very thick and stiff.

·
Registered
Custom DW5600E
922 Posts
It's very simple, just applied the lume/binder mixture with a pushpin inside the letters and wiped the excess off the bezel before it dried. Let it dry for a couple of days before I let it get wet and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know where I can source translucent/frosted bezels and straps for a GWM5610? The eBay and Aliexpress sellers are having stock issues due to COVID.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Does anyone know where I can source translucent/frosted bezels and straps for a GWM5610? The eBay and Aliexpress sellers are having stock issues due to COVID.
I've come across a few transparent straps on AliExpress for 5610s but not any of the frosted ones. None of the coloured and multi coloured jelly straps seem to be available either.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
That's my finding too - I'll update here if I find some stock.
Jelly straps are now available again!

£8.11 43%OFF | TPU Resin Case Watch Strap for Casio G-Shock DW-5600 GW-M5610 M5600 GLX-5600 Refit Replacement Wrist Band Bracelet Accessories

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jelly straps are now available again!
Great find!
I had my friend in Asia go to his local G-Shock shop for me and get straps for both the GWM5610 and GXW56/GX56. Had him ship them over and they just arrived. Definitely not as cheap as from Aliexpress after shipping costs but thankfully I didn't have to wait months for them to arrive. I ended up listing a few of them for sale on the strap forum though because I got way too many of them :ROFLMAO:

Here is the green one I ended up getting - it absolutely shines in the sun.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Great find!
I had my friend in Asia go to his local G-Shock shop for me and get straps for both the GWM5610 and GXW56/GX56. Had him ship them over and they just arrived. Definitely not as cheap as from Aliexpress after shipping costs but thankfully I didn't have to wait months for them to arrive. I ended up listing a few of them for sale on the strap forum though because I got way too many of them

Here is the green one I ended up getting - it absolutely shines in the sun.
View attachment 15642010
Nice! That's a lovely green!

I'm curious as to whether he had a wider selection of straps available in the store he went to, compared to what is available to us on AliExpress?

There are some amazing mods and custom builds to be seen on Insta and I always wonder where they get their straps and bezels from.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sold this one last week and already kicking myself!

Case, crystal and bezel from the GW-B5600BC-1B for minimal "clutter", with the positive display module from a GW-B5600BC-1JF installed for maximum legibility, riding on the gloss white band from a GW-6900F-7, with a matte black keeper and a black ion plated buckle. I called it "The Stormtrooper" or "The Panda"!

REALLY wish there were more positive variants of the GW-B5600 WITHOUT "fancy" back lights. IMHO the "fancy" back lights just decrease the overall legibility of the watch. Had the Gorillaz and the Kobe Fire GW-B5600s, but for my money the GW-B5600BC-1JF is the best GW-B5600 module to date.

1841 - 1860 of 1904 Posts