WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 1904 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,861
Sold this one last week and already kicking myself!

Case, crystal and bezel from the GW-B5600BC-1B for minimal "clutter", with the positive display module from a GW-B5600BC-1JF installed for maximum legibility, riding on the gloss white band from a GW-6900F-7, with a matte black keeper and a black ion plated buckle. I called it "The Stormtrooper" or "The Panda"!

REALLY wish there were more positive variants of the GW-B5600 WITHOUT "fancy" back lights. IMHO the "fancy" back lights just decrease the overall legibility of the watch. Had the Gorillaz and the Kobe Fire GW-B5600s, but for my money the GW-B5600BC-1JF is the best GW-B5600 module to date.

View attachment 15642611

View attachment 15642612

View attachment 15642614
Ahhh yes, I was the one inquiring about the lugs :geek: I wish I had bid higher in time but let it get away...
I was very interested but I already have a pair of B5600. If I had won it I would have put acid yellow resin on it to make this:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice! That's a lovely green!

I'm curious as to whether he had a wider selection of straps available in the store he went to, compared to what is available to us on AliExpress?

There are some amazing mods and custom builds to be seen on Insta and I always wonder where they get their straps and bezels from.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Definitely, yes!

He got me straps for the GWX56 and GWM5610. One of them was even glow in the dark. He mentioned some zany colors and themed straps too. Unfortunately it was a few too many straps for me though, I should have been more clear on how many I wanted 🤣

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I found your sale post - damn that glow in the dark strap is crazy! I would be tempted to try one like that but it would probably keep me awake sitting on the table next to my bed.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found your sale post - damn that glow in the dark strap is crazy! I would be tempted to try one like that but it would probably keep me awake sitting on the table next to my bed.

It definitely is pretty out there - really reminds me of something alien/space age related for some reason. I haven't timed it but the glow lasts for maybe 5 or 10 minutes at the max.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's my finding too - I'll update here if I find some stock.
You can ask if they have it here for the 5610.
But don't get a glossy one if they haven't improved the finishing. I got a kermit green two years back and it was very sticky to touch.

The other ones are good, like the ones on ali.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been watching this thread for months and it drove me to accumulate a couple of squares. Unfortunately I soon learned I don't have the drive or skill to swap the glass in my squares and I'm terrible at design. I tried probably 10 bezel and strap changes and combination and nothing came out right. The colors were always off. The only custom that worked for me are basically a replica of the DW-5600P-9 and a DW-5035D with GW-5000 band and bezel. Not very original but they worked. I gave up... except for my squares with what I call the "fashion" band that never fits me right compared to the basic strap with the dimples. Unfortunately the basic strap is not available in the colors I needed so I just played it safe and got the black strap with black bezels and tried my luck with different font paint. One thing I learned is that making straps and bezels of different colors look good is really dificult. Without further ado here is what I think came out the best:

DW-5600SA-9 with the bezel from the GW-B5600DC.

The colors don't match but I think they go great together. The watch really pops and looks great in the light. The picture doesn't do it justice. One problem I always face is that I never know what the colors will really look like until I see them in person. I'm happy with this simple custom so I thank and at the same time curse this thread!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,869
I have been watching this thread for months and it drove me to accumulate a couple of squares. Unfortunately I soon learned I don't have the drive or skill to swap the glass in my squares and I'm terrible at design. I tried probably 10 bezel and strap changes and combination and nothing came out right. The colors were always off. The only custom that worked for me are basically a replica of the DW-5600P-9 and a DW-5035D with GW-5000 band and bezel. Not very original but they worked. I gave up... except for my squares with what I call the "fashion" band that never fits me right compared to the basic strap with the dimples. Unfortunately the basic strap is not available in the colors I needed so I just played it safe and got the black strap with black bezels and tried my luck with different font paint. One thing I learned is that making straps and bezels of different colors look good is really dificult. Without further ado here is what I think came out the best:

View attachment 15648456

DW-5600SA-9 with the bezel from the GW-B5600DC.

The colors don't match but I think they go great together. The watch really pops and looks great in the light. The picture doesn't do it justice. One problem I always face is that I never know what the colors will really look like until I see them in person. I'm happy with this simple custom so I thank and at the same time curse this thread!
I prefer the 'dimpled bands' as well, but I have grown to also wear the wider style comfortably as well.
I'd be very curious what color bands and bezels you accumulated and tried dressing on certain squares.
I like the neon/acid yellow text on that black bezel a lot!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I prefer the 'dimpled bands' as well, but I have grown to also wear the wider style comfortably as well.
I'd be very curious what color bands and bezels you accumulated and tried dressing on certain squares.
I like the neon/acid yellow text on that black bezel a lot!
I had a DW-5600M-2, a DW-5600M-4, and a DW-5600WB which I mixed and matched.

I never wore the combinations with different colored straps and bezels. They didn't look right to me. Unless you are a fan of the NY Knicks or the NY Mets, in which case I highly recommend them. The all white one was fun but the fonts were different shades of blue which was jarring to me. The all blue one and the orange one didn't match either.

I gave the DW-5600M-2 away. I just got a white original strap like the one in the DW-5600DN for the DW-5600WB so it looks mostly the same. I put the DW-5600M-4 in a black original strap and the bezel from a DW-5600BBM-1. I also have a DW-5600M-8 I put in an all black bezel and strap. They look don't look bad but they are not very exciting. To me, a watch with a white face looks dull on a black strap and bezel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree, but how about a navy bezel?

That is precisely what the DW-5600M-2 is. It's a great looking watch. It's just that I don't find the fashion strap as comfortable as the dimpled strap and the bezel font is painted in. The military colors release that include include the DW-5600M-2/3/4/ and 8 have the font in the bezel painted in the same color which to me looks poorly done. I have owned all 4 colors and gave most of them away. The modules look very clear and crisp so I would still recommend them for people who don't share my objections.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Ah, my bad! I had no idea the DW-5600M-2 even existed. I was actually thinking of making a mod with a white face and a navy bezel and strap when I could just buy one pre-configured that way

5600 releases are so prolific that is impossible to keep track of all the colourways and combinations.

Anyway, I like your final setup, I think it looks great. Keep hanging around here and you're bound to see a few other combos to try out too.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
GWB5600 with DW5600EW-7 bezel and strap. I really wanted the GWM5610SD colour but this is as close as I could get. I think it actually works quite well. I've tried the combo on other DWs but this works the best plus my daughter really likes it. I'll have to repaint the lettering as original is gold and is starting to show through. Forgot to mention I changed the polarising filter too, obviously.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
GWB5600 with DW5600EW-7 bezel and strap. I really wanted the GWM5610SD colour but this is as close as I could get. I think it actually works quite well. I've tried the combo on other DWs but this works the best plus my daughter really likes it. I'll have to repaint the lettering as original is gold and is starting to show through. Forgot to mention I changed the polarising filter too, obviously.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I like it so much! My DW5600M-8 bezel and a band would look much like this, but I think I am not up to changing the polarising filter...

·
Registered
98 Posts
After one week of daily usage I would like to share some feedback on DW5600M-8 bezel and the band. I was sure I would soon switch back to the original GW5000 overalls as they are very comfortable while DW5600M-8 much stiffer. But as it adapted to my wrist I reached the stage of ordering graphite colour GW-M5610KG-3 parts, which I hope will fit well and will wear just as good as stiff DW5600M-8.
518544DD-0716-4C8D-8C46-1A0509911769.jpeg

1861 - 1880 of 1904 Posts