WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom VOSTOK Amphibia 710 24 Hour Murphy Bezel Dagaz 12 Hour Insert Benrus | eBay

Description from auction:
You are bidding on a project that I started but don't have the time to finish. I was going to turn a Vostok into a homage to the Benrus Type II Navy Seal dive watch (see pic of Benrus in the photos).

Included are:
- A brand new Vostok Amphibia 710 (cushion style case) with the rare / hard to find (discontinued) 24 hour military style dial. Minus the original band which is crap anyways.
- Dave Murphy replacement bezel. These allow you to use any of the numerous bezel inserts that would fit the Seiko 007 models. These are relatively hard to find as well, as production runs are limited. Use the bezel spring from the original bezel for this.
- 12 hour bezel insert. This is already stuck to the bezel insert but could be removed and saved if you wanted to put another one on.
- Complete "ladder style" hand set, including second hand.
The hand set will require a little custom work to make them fit as these hands were for the Seiko 7S26 movement which has the following sizes: Hour - 1.50mm, Minute - .90mm, Second - .20. The Vostok has a 2416b movement: Hour - 1.40mm, Minute : .88 to .90, Second: .165 to .17. The Seiko hands will need to be VERY slightly crimped down on the posts to get them to work. I know it can be done, but its tricky. Get a professional to help you.
Shipping is free to anywhere in the US. Anywhere else in the world, $8. Any questions, comments, concerns or whatever, please feel free to contact me!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts