WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I cant find the dial that i am looking for in the right size , movement and colors so Im looking at buying a no name dial and customizing it somewhat. Do any of you do that already?

Im looking just to add some colors on the dial dots and adding a logo (possibly egologo). Where do I find red dial dots for example?
I have looked into some dial making but it looks complicated so i rather just do small changes.

All ideas are welcome!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi

I cant find the dial that i am looking for in the right size , movement and colors so Im looking at buying a no name dial and customizing it somewhat. Do any of you do that already?

Im looking just to add some colors on the dial dots and adding a logo (possibly egologo). Where do I find red dial dots for example?
I have looked into some dial making but it looks complicated so i rather just do small changes.

All ideas are welcome!
hi!
for red dots use red acrylic paint...
I do some dials.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I've not tried it personally, but I would look into some sort of chemical etching strategy similar to how DIY people fabricate PCBs or get patterns onto jewelry. You would print out the design using a laser printer and transfer the toner to the base metal to act as a resist for the chemical bath stage. There are quite a few DIY guides on youtube, etc.

The end result is a dial with at least two levels at which point you can look into adding colour to the resulting surfaces (paint, enamel, oxidation, etc).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts