WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering trying cutting some rubber or nylon straps to fit a g-shock. I'm going to try this with a 5600 or 6900 which have the same lug attachment.

Any suggestions or experiences with doing this? my main concern is that the g-shock "lugs" or strap attachment area isn't really like normal lugs that extend out from the watch. Instead of regular lugs it's really more like a 16mm cavity with a very specific shape. I wonder if this will affect how I should cut the strap or if it will effect the end product

·
Registered
870 Posts
It's possible -

DSC05791.JPG

At least for rubber straps it is hard to get the strap totally symmetrical. Be prepared to go through a few straps to get it right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I've only ever seen the strap adapters for nato straps which i'm not a fan of as I don't actually like nato straps much and those adapters have quite a bit of extra material where the strap is threaded through. These however look like something i'd be very interested in! and metal too! thanks for this suggestion. Even if I continue with the strap cutting experiments, I will probably pick these up. However, I am looking to fit these onto a 6900 or 5600. The link is for a 22mm width but it is suggest that the 20mm adapters are used for 5600 or 6900, yet looking at their adapter listings there are none for 20mm width. Any idea where to find this one?

·
Registered
870 Posts
end result looks great, due to the angular nature of the 16mm lug space, are there any issues with the strap locking up when swiveling around in the lug?
Yeah, a little bit. The straps won't swivel any further forward than you see here, it's kind of wedged at that particular angle, which was ok because that angle wore well on my wrist. I don't use this solution any more, I was never totally happy with the mix of materials and the transition between the straps and the head; I ended up modifying a spare parts strap from a GW-5000HR-1JF and use that on my GW-5000 instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts