WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been eyeing this for awhile and think I may pull the trigger, since I don’t know anyone that owns one to check it out I though I’d ask if anyone here owns one and what they think about it. Also if anyone has any other suggestions for a reasonably priced bronze they’d like to share, feel free. Thanks

·
Registered
31,524 Posts
I have had two over the years.

Great watches, and they Patina to a wonderful hue.

Recomended.

Reactions: Porky4774

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I have the C60 Trident 43mm. Its essentially exactly the same watch just bigger. The CuSn6 has been developing a lovely even patina.

If you like it, certainly buy it. Great first bronze.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I'd go for it, looks nice. I have three CWs, not that particular one though. Been happy with them, really nice for the price. P.s. they tend to have sales and discount codes floating around.

Zelos also has some nice bronze watches.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd go for it, looks nice. I have three CWs, not that particular one though. Been happy with them, really nice for the price. P.s. they tend to have sales and discount codes floating around.

Zelos also has some nice bronze watches.
Did someone say discount?!

·
Registered
31,524 Posts
There is usually a £100 off voucher available most of the time if you are buying new direct from CW.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Indeed, sign up for their newsletter and search promo code christopher ward on Google. Not sure if there is anything presently, but they come up relatively often from what I have seen. Checking my emails, they had sent me a 100 pound voucher code that expired at the end of last month. Also some 15 percent off emails a bit earlier.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
CW watches are awesome. I have tried and availed of their 60/60 coverage. Best pro-active customer service I can attest to.

With regards to the watch, I think that CW Bronzos are truly superb. Arguably the best bang for the buck quality bronzos out there. Cusn6 bronze.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I like the bronze Glycine a bit more.

Not a big fan of the name Chris Ward, I like how the Glycine is really close to the Tudor and I like how the Glycine is cusn8 bronze.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've always dug that distressed dial, which is weird because I don't normally like stuff like that at all.

If you like it...go for it! Like others have mentioned you can get a 10% off code just by signing up to their email list.

I'm gonna grab a (steel) C60 Trident GMT soon :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
I’ve been eyeing this for awhile and think I may pull the trigger, since I don’t know anyone that owns one to check it out I though I’d ask if anyone here owns one and what they think about it. Also if anyone has any other suggestions for a reasonably priced bronze they’d like to share, feel free. Thanks
View attachment 15843410
I had the 38mm and it was a great watch. I only sold it because it was small for me so make sure the 40 is the size for you. I have 3 other CWs and they are one of the best bang for your buck. Just wait for a sale or search for a coupon like others have suggested. Also, I think they still have a limited edition of this and if you have the budget I would get it for the lume on its bezel. Can’t go wrong on CWs. Great construction, quick release straps, 5 year warranty! Warning, once you buy your first CW I guarantee it won’t be the last.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey Porky - I picked one up around the end of March with the exact options you show. Overall, I find it wears smaller than the 40mm measurements woukd suggest so if you're into or used to larger watches, it's something to keep in mind. I also found that the bronze of the clasp patinaed faster than the case (which still has sort of a frosted golden hue) so not sure if they're both made of the same alloy.

Keep in mind that if you order direct from CW then you're likely, as I was, to incur customs duties. The $80.00 I had to pay to receive the watch went a long way to erasing the savings I incurred from the sale price. if you decide to buy new, I suggest waiting for the sale; delayed gratification and some savings never hurt ( and you may find other options to scratch that bronze itch).

If I had to do over, I'd wait for one to come up for sale on the forums and get a lower cost than new and have the import duties paid too. I'd also get the larger diameter as this feels small to me.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had the 38mm and it was a great watch. I only sold it because it was small for me so make sure the 40 is the size for you. I have 3 other CWs and they are one of the best bang for your buck. Just wait for a sale or search for a coupon like others have suggested. Also, I think they still have a limited edition of this and if you have the budget I would get it for the lume on its bezel. Can’t go wrong on CWs. Great construction, quick release straps, 5 year warranty! Warning, once you buy your first CW I guarantee it won’t be the last.
Ya 40-42 is my sweet spot, 7 3/4” wrist. I usually wear a 42mm field watch every day but for a diver I think 40 is perfect. Now I just have to be patient for a sale

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Porky - I picked one up around the end of March with the exact options you show. Overall, I find it wears smaller than the 40mm measurements woukd suggest so if you're into or used to larger watches, it's something to keep in mind. I also found that the bronze of the clasp patinaed faster than the case (which still has sort of a frosted golden hue) so not sure if they're both made of the same alloy.

Keep in mind that if you order direct from CW then you're likely, as I was, to incur customs duties. The $80.00 I had to pay to receive the watch went a long way to erasing the savings I incurred from the sale price. if you decide to buy new, I suggest waiting for the sale; delayed gratification and some savings never hurt ( and you may find other options to scratch that bronze itch).

If I had to do over, I'd wait for one to come up for sale on the forums and get a lower cost than new and have the import duties paid too. I'd also get the larger diameter as this feels small to me.
Ya I was curious about what import duties would be also. My sweet spot is 40-42. My wrist is 7 3/4 which sounds a little bigger but it’s flat. I usually wear a 42mm field watch everyday but I think 40 for a diver is fine for me since it’s a little beefier. I also have a 38mm diver that I wear regularly which doesn’t look small, at least to me anyways.

·
Registered
Yema Superman GMT
234 Posts
My son in law just purchased one and it is a beautiful watch. I'd say go for it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts